Bye Bye July

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This week is the end of July beginning of August. Last month of Winter for us and the coldest month of the year. Time to look at Spring cleaning plans and really get the Christmas prep going. What are your plans for the week?

Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Cleanse,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Read and sleep at reasonable time,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.

Weekly:
*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*wash hair (X)
*shave legs ( ) not happening for now.....Winter growth lol
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*mop floors (X)
*clean bathrooms (X)
*meal plan ( )
*clean fridge ( )
*tidy pantry ( )
*tidy freezer ( )
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X) grocery shopping (fortnightly) (X)

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X)
*start/continue/finish one book ( )
*books back to library ( )
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet ( )
*DrillDance training plan (X)
*DrillDance training (X)
*walk at least 3 times ( ) ( ) ( )

Extras:
*5 small maintenance chores (X)
*grocery shopping Thursday (X)
*work dinner Thursday (X)
*trip to hardware warehouse Thursday ( ) not this week
*DrillDance training Saturday (X) Sunday (X)

Word of the Year:
Appreciate

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I think I'm living under the motto of, "Best laid plans of mice and men often go astray." I get up each morning and do the things that have to be done that day to get through it. Work has picked up some, so I'm having to go in a couple of hours on some Tuesdays and Thursday...something I don't want to make a habit of.

We knew we would be moving DN home, but we hadn't planned for DD24 to be buying a place of her own. We still need to move some of her things. There's painting and small repair projects that need to be done. That's probably a next weekend project. I'm still working on getting boxes moved from our old house into the new house. Most are too heaving for me to get, so I need DH's help. This is his busiest time of the year with mowing. I'm ready to get things settled into everyone's spaces! If Covid weren't an issue, we would have had church members there to help get everything moved in a day, but that's not the case, so...

I'm sorry, I'm on a low limb right now. Just some setbacks. I know it will all fall into place.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have only one appointment on my schedule this week. Since i'm done with school and waiting on a placement, there's nothing I can do to prepare for that except wait. I plan on doing lots of reading and maybe some stuff around the house. I'll go have lunch with DH one day I think.

[X] Acupuncture
[X] Mail package to friend
[X] Read through all DT info again
[X] Grocery shop

[X] Pick up card for Dad's birthday, friend's birthday, brother's marriage
[ ] Practice ukulele
[X] Finish book
[X] Menu plan
[X] Paint nails
[X] Reorganize closet (organize clothes by type)

[X] Lunch with DH
[X] Pick up new sandals for work
[X] Work on Christmas lists

I'll add more as I think of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Making a few changes to my line-up - removing the things that are obvious, sticking with the things I really need to track.

Evening routine - clear kitchen counters and declutter living/dining room, cleanse, night cream, cuticle treatment, moisture gloves, go to bed by 9:30pm (Sunday-Thursday) (Sn) (M) (T) (W) (Th) (F) (S)

Weekly:
Laundry (Wash/Dry/Fold/PUT AWAY)
Meal Plan
Grocery List

Grocery Shopping

Leisure:
Read (2 books finished) (Agatha Raisin and the Curious Curate/Agatha Raisin and the Haunted House by M. C. Beaton)
Return library books if applicable (N/A )
Pick up any new library books (N/A)
Update planner, tidy gift closet, check Amazon Wish Lists ( )
Scan two family photos and send to my cousin in the UK for identification

Salon manicure Aug 1

Chores:
Keep filing up to date when task above is caught up
Pay Vic's Visa - Aug 1
Update financials - Aug 1

Review budget and long-range planning (1st)

Follow-Ups:
Rock wall work to start this week
Take phone to have part replaced

Sizzix (still waiting for reply for replacement parts)
Hallmark (still waiting for reissue of 40% off coupons that expired during the height of COVID-19)
Orders due:
Amazon (totes)
Amazon (Cold Infuse)

Kraken shirts
Amoretti syrup
LEGO
Erin Condren for Sophia
Watch for Target wedding gift acknowledgment
Watch for Amazon wedding gift acknoledgment

Bold green - items completed
Bold red - items not completed

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'm sorry, I'm on a low limb right now. Just some setbacks. I know it will all fall into place.
We all have moments where we have some setbacks. This thread is not about shaming or feeling low if we don't achieve all ( and there are many weeks where I get nothing done) but just as a place where we can encourage each other and help with ideas.
You have a lot going in at the moment and it will all fall into place, just hang in there.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
This thread is not about shaming or feeling low if we don't achieve all
Given my dismal record with one room a day and crafts, I am a testament to this - you just pick yourself up and try better the next week, no judgement!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Laundry is underway and so far that's about all I've accomplished since waking up. It's a much needed day off and I plan to simply enjoy myself.

I bought a brand new Christmas tree Saturday and you have no idea how badly I want to set it up and begin decorating it. Hubby said he would much rather I wait until at least December. He's so funny.............I was thinking September-October at the latest. I think that would be a good compromise. :)

I have been trying to shop for an outfit for my youngest sons wedding Friday and reception on Saturday only to come home frustrated. During this lockdown few stores are open. Those that are open will allow you to purchase clothing but you cannot try them on. Some stores won't even allow returns. I will not spend hundreds of dollars on clothing that doesn't look good or fit properly. That's why I didn't just shop online. Grrrr, so this morning I went shopping in my closet and pulled together a couple of things and that will just have to do. Unusual times call for unusual alternatives. The actual wedding can only have two witnesses in addition to the bride and groom so both of the mothers will attend only. The reception is at a friends home the next day, but has to be less than 25 people so only immediate family.

I'd much rather stay home a decorate my tree. LOL Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their week.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I bought a brand new Christmas tree Saturday and you have no idea how badly I want to set it up and begin decorating it. Hubby said he would much rather I wait until at least December. He's so funny.............I was thinking September-October at the latest. I think that would be a good compromise. :)
Decorating earlier makes you happy - I've scheduled the weekend of Oct 31 & Nov 1 to get my trees up.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'd much rather stay home a decorate my tree. LOL Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their week.
Congratulations Ellen. I am sure the wedding will be wonderful and you will look lovely.
My DD is getting married on October 2021 and going shopping for a dress is in the back of my mind.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I took a well needed week off from the world. Today was a catch up day for laundry and the lawn. Tomorrow I'll be back at it with a list.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul