Calling all Mom's and Grandma's... Need Gift Idea?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My grandaughter 1st birthday is on Saturday and I still haven't picked up a gift yet. Anyone have a great gift they have bought or received for a 1 year old recently? I'm just looking for ideas. Her parents are very "practical" type of people and live in a small apartment. So I'd like something nice, but not totally wasteful I guess.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
My DSIL is also very practical and wanted clothes for DGD, but I also got a soft baby doll to go with them..both of them also LOVE the Playskool Glow worm doll, it lights up and plays lullabyes, and is very durable, one DGD is 5 and has had one since birth, and so have the other DGD who is 10 months, so it is a toy with a long life span..

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I so want to get her a baby cabbage patch doll, because my daughter carried hers around forever, but I might wait a bit.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
A professional generational portrait. At least one with all the ladies and a family one of all the family members possible.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I know starting around that age I loved the Little People play sets for the boys.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I almost picked a little set up. I think I'm going to wait just a tad, but I think that's one of my next purchases for sure. I love the farm ones and they had one that was zoo animals too. I ended up buying the Glow Worm..which I loved the idea..and my daughter had one too. I had been going back and forth with the Crawling Minnie Mouse..and decided I HAD to buy you. So I found a minnie mouse card to match and I'll need to pull out the Minnie Mouse paper. Think that's all too much..hahahaha

I did make a joke with my daughter though. Over the years, I've bought her every Marie card (from aristocats) and I forget sometimes and buy them 2x. So now I told her, I have a little one to move on to, so I can start all over. ;)