Candy - Cookie - Dessert Recipes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm going to check out that site that Ellen listed. I've always done food prep and meals for the holidays, but never baked good ahead of time. Maybe raw dough, but that's about it.

I'm also printing that White Fruitcake recipe. It sounds heavenly and making fruitcake has been on my to try list forever. Right along with icing cookies..

Has anyone ever made mincemeat cookies? I have some friends who have been talking and raving about them, so I was curious about your thoughts or any tips if anyone here makes them.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Tried new recipe this weekend:

Double Dark Chocolate PB Cup Cookies

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup dark cocoa powder

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces

3/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

2 large eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup peanut butter chips

2 cups mini peanut butter cups

In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt.

Place the cold butter in the bowl of your electric stand mixer and beat until the butter forms a ball or lumb of butter. Add in the sugars and beat until combined. Add in each egg, one at a time, beating until combined. Beat in the vanilla extract. The batter may look curdled or lumpy at this time. Slowly add in the flour with the mixer on low speed. Beat until it is just combined – even before it all gets stirred in. Stir in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.

Separate the dough into 10 or 12 equal balls. Take each ball and pull it apart, then press a small handful of mini peanut butter cups into one of the dough pieces. Cover it with the other half of the dough, forming a ball around the PB cups and covering them completely. Place all the PB cup filled dough balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake about 4 dough balls at a time – you want 2 inches on all sides between each piece of dough. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until just slightly set. Let the cookies cool slightly before eating.

Reactions: Minta

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
And this one! My favorite of the two although both were good!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (8 1/2 ounces) cake flour - I used my food scale

1 2/3 cups (8 1/2 ounces) bread flour - Used scale to be exact

1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt

2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter

1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) light brown sugar

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) granulated sugar

2 large eggs

2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract

2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips

2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

1. Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.

2. Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Stir in chocolate chips. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. (I put my dough in ziplock bag) Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours.

3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside.

4. Scoop 6 3 1/2-ounce mounds of dough (the size of generous golf balls) onto baking sheet (NOTE: I thought this was WAY too big and did 2.5 oz instead - using my scale again and they were still bigger than any golf ball I've ever seen!)

Bake until golden brown but still soft, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated, for baking remaining batches the next day. .

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
oh...I can't do all that peanut butter..lol.. I'm one of those weird ones. o_O

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ

kikirosaline

MHH Member
Jun 13, 2019
Bochum, NW
Hallo

I wanna share with you my favorite cookie recipe

I've found it here, there a lot of recipes including cookies

https://club.cooking/recipe-category/cookies

Healthy Oatmeal Cookies

You need:
1 1/4 cups quick oats
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
4 tablespoons unsalted butter — melted and cooled
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup well chopped raw walnuts or pecans

Step 1
In a bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.

Step 2
In a medium bowl, combine the applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla, and honey. Whisk until blended. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. The dough will be wet and sticky. Fold in the chocolate chips, raisins, and walnuts. Place in the refrigerator and let chill for at least 30 minutes.

Step 3
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Remove the dough from the refrigerator. With a cookie scoop or spoon, drop the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and arrange on the baking sheet, leaving 1 inch of space around each. Flatten each cookie to be about 3/4-inch thick.

Step 4
Bake until the cookies are golden and firm around the edges and set on top, about 9 to 10 minutes.

Enjoy and Guten Appetit! Greetings from Düsseldorf!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Chunky Chocolate Gobs

¾ cup unsalted butter, softened

1/3 cup butter flavor shortening

1 cup sugar

2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar

2 large eggs

2 tsp vanilla

2 cups all purpose flour

2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

1 tsp baking soda

¼ tsp salt

2 cups cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos), coarsely chopped

3 (1.75 oz) Mounds bars, chilled and chopped

1 to 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.

Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in cookies, candy bars, and desired amount of chocolate chips. Chill dough 30 minutes.

Drop dough by ¼ cupfuls 2” apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes or until barely set. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: About 2 ½ dozen.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Chunky Chocolate Gobs

¾ cup unsalted butter, softened

1/3 cup butter flavor shortening

1 cup sugar

2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar

2 large eggs

2 tsp vanilla

2 cups all purpose flour

2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

1 tsp baking soda

¼ tsp salt

2 cups cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos), coarsely chopped

3 (1.75 oz) Mounds bars, chilled and chopped

1 to 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.

Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in cookies, candy bars, and desired amount of chocolate chips. Chill dough 30 minutes.

Drop dough by ¼ cupfuls 2” apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes or until barely set. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: About 2 ½ dozen.
Anything with chopped up Mounds bars will be divine!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Chunky Chocolate Gobs
thanks for sharing. I will certainly try these

Reactions: PamelaG

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

Lemon Snowball Cookies

• 2 cups (282g) all-purpose flour

• 3 Tbsp (24g) cornstarch

• 1/4 tsp salt

• 1 cup (8 oz) butter, softened

• 2/3 cup (84g) powdered sugar

• Zest of 2 lemons (about 4 tsp)

• 2 tsp lemon extract

• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

• 1/2 cup (68g) finely chopped almonds

• 1 1/2 cups (180g) powdered sugar, for coating
Directions

• In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch and salt, set aside.

• In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter on medium speed until creamy, about 20 seconds. Blend in 2/3 cup powdered sugar. Mix in lemon zest, lemon extract and vanilla extract. With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until combine. Stir in almonds. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes, preheat oven to 350 degrees halfway through chilling.

• Scoop dough out 1 Tbsp at a time and roll into a ball, then place balls on Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing cookies about 2-inches apart and bake in preheated oven for 16 - 18 minutes (these are a cookie that I think are best when they aren't moist in the center so I'd say don't under bake them.
These actually are a cookie that are meant to be dry. Dry but a melt in your mouth kind of dry). Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes then while cookies are still warm, pour 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar into a bowl and roll cookies in powdered sugar.

Transfer to a wire rack to cool then once cookies are cool, roll in powdered sugar once more, this time to generously coat (I pressed it into the powdered sugar to give it a thick coating). Store cookies in an airtight container.

Can freeze after baking - optional to roll in more powdered sugar after thawing.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This was a new recipe I tried last Christmas and we loved them! Recipe makes a small amount so I am quadrupling it this year!

PECAN SANDIES

Yield: about 18 cookies

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 17 minutes

image: https://bakeorbreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/psndies1kR3-200x200.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened

• 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

• 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

• 1/4 teaspoon salt

• 1 cup all-purpose flour

• 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until fluffy (about 3-4 minutes). Beat in vanilla and salt. With mixer speed on low, gradually add flour and beat just until combined. Fold in pecans.

3. Roll dough into 1 & 1/2-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on lined baking sheets. Lightly flatten each with the bottom of a dampened glass.

4. Bake cookies until golden brown (about 15-17 minutes). Cool completely on wire racks.

Read more at https://bakeorbreak.com/2011/02/pecan-sandies/#mCGbsVOdx1LVsP3e.99

NOTE: I froze these after baking and they turned out great after thawing!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This is one of my very FAVORITE Christmas cookies! Don't skimp on the quality of chocolate - it makes a big difference!!!

Chocolate Espresso Snowcaps

These are super chocolatey and rich and just divine.

4-6 oz Bittersweet Nestle Chocolatier Chips (or similar good quality chocolate)

½ cup flour

¼ cup cocoa powder

4 tsp instant espresso powder (instant coffee powder works fine)

1 tsp baking powder

⅛ tsp table salt

4 T unsalted butter, softened

⅔ cup packed light brown sugar

1 large egg

1 T milk

½ cup powdered sugar

1. Place chocolate in a bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time. Let cool. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder and salt.

2. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat to combine. Stir in cooled chocolate. Add dry ingredients alternating with the milk. Mix until just combined. Turn out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Shape into a flat disk, wrap in plastic and chill in freezer until firm, about 45 minutes.

3. Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Pour powdered sugar into a bowl. With slightly damp hands, shape dough into 1 inch balls (about 1 T dough each). Roll each ball in sugar. Roll each cookie a second time to completely coat. (Do in large bowl and leave cookies in as rolled?)

4. Place on baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake until sugar coating splits and cookies have spread but are still soft to the touch, 12-14 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
NOTE: Freeze after baking, thaw at room temp. Reapply powdered sugar if desired.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This is a GREAT cut out cookie that you can make if you don't like gingerbread or want something different than a sugar cookie type thing!!!

Peanut Butter Gingerbread Cookies

This was one of the very first cookie recipes I made - very yummy and fun. It does make a big batch though so cut in half if you want! These free well after baking - just thaw in fridge overnight then decorate!

1 ⅔ cups (10 oz package) peanut butter chips

¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, softened

1 cup packed light brown sugar

1 cup dark corn syrup

2 eggs

5 cups all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

½ tsp ground cinnamon

¼ tsp ground ginger

¼ tsp salt

Place peanut butter chips in small microwave safe bowl. Microwave 1 to 2 minutes (normal power amount) or until chips are melted when stirred. You can take out and sti every 30-45 seconds to make sure they don’t burn.

Beat melted peanut butter chips and butter in large bowl until well blended. Add brown sugar, corn syrup and eggs; beat until light and fluffy.

Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Add half of flour mixture to butter mixture; beat on low speed of electric mixer until smooth. Stir in remaining flour mixture with wooden spoon until well blended. Divide into thirds; wrap each chunk of dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until dough is firm enough to roll. Overnight is fine too.

Heat oven to 325F

Roll 1 dough portion at a time to ⅛” thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into holiday shapes with cookie cutters (you can dip cutters lightly in flour to help keep them from sticking to dough - or alternative would be to spritz them lightly with cooking spray - you may not need to do either but just in case!)

Place on ungreased cookied sheet - line your sheet with parchment paper if you have it! Bake 10-12 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool slightly, remove from cookie sheet to wire cooling rack. Cool completely. Frost and decorate as desired.

Makes about 6 dozen cookies.

QUICK DECOR OPTION: Dump some powdered sugar in a small bowl. Add a splash of milk and vanilla if you have it - whisk - if result is too thin, add a bit more powdered sugar. If too thick, a bit more milk. You want it at a consistency that can be spread on the cookies without running off the sides too badly. After glazing the cookies you can immediately top with sprinkles or colored sugar, etc. The glaze will set up after the cookies sit out for a while. You could drizzle them with more melted peanut butter chips - that looks pretty on the white glaze!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

Soft and Chewy Seven Layer Magic Bar Cookies

The cookies are loaded with texture from the graham crackers, coconut, butterscotch and chocolate chips. They have some chewiness around the edges but are soft, squishy, tender and moist in the middle.

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste
1 cup coarsely chopped graham crackers and crumbs, about 4 full-size cracker sheets
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut

DIRECTIONS:
  1. To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until well-creamed, light and fluffy, about 5 minutes (or use a hand mixer and beat for at least 7 minutes).

2. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, optional salt, and mix until just combined, about 1 minute.

3. Add the graham crackers (include the fine crumbs too, they act as flour here and are important), chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut and beat momentarily to incorporate, less than 1 minute, or fold in by hand.

4. Using a 2-inch cookie scoop, form heaping two-tablespoon mounds (I made 22). Place mounds on a large plate, flatten mounds slightly with your palm, cover with plasticwrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 5 days, before baking. Do not bake with warm dough because cookies will spread and bake thinner and flatter.

5. Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat, or spray with cooking spray. Place mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet). Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just beginning to set, even if slightly undercooked, pale and glossy in the center. Do not bake longer than 9 minutes for soft cookies because they firm up as they cool (The cookies shown in the photos were baked with dough that had been chilled overnight, allowed to come to room temp for 15 minutes, and were baked for 8 minutes, with trays rotated at the 4-minute mark. They have chewy edges with soft, pillowy, gooey centers). Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing and transferring to a rack to finish cooling.

6. Store cookies airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
New Orleans Double Chocolate Praline Fudge Cake Freezeable

This is off the charts rich! Very impressive look to it from pouring the praline topping over the chocolate iced cake!

1 cup butter

¼ cup unsweetened cocoa

1 cup water

½ cup buttermilk

2 large eggs

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp vanilla

2 cups sugar

2 cups flour

½ tsp salt

Chocolate Ganache

Praline Frosting

Grease 3 (8”) round cake pans. Line bottoms with wax paper. Grease and flour wax paper and sides of pan, set aside.

Cook first 3 ingredients in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts and mixture is smooth; remove from heat. Cool.

Beat buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla at medium speed until smooth. Add butter mixture to buttermilk mixture, beating until blended. Combine sugar, flour and salt. Gradually add to buttermilk mixture, beating until blended. Batter will be thin. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.

Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans, remove wax paper right away. Cool completely on wire racks. Layers will appear thin.

Spread about ½ cup ganache between cake layers; spread remainder on sides of cake (do not frost top). Chill cake 30 minutes. Pour Praline Frosting slowly over top of cake, spreading to edges, and allowing some frosting to run over sides. Freeze, if desired, thaw at room temp 4-6 hours.

Chocolate Ganache

2 cups (12 oz) semi sweet chocolate morsels

1/3 cup whipping cream

¼ cup butter, cut into pieces

Microwave chocolate morsels and cream in a glass bowl on MEDIUM (50%) power 2 – 3 minutes or until morsels are melted, stirring after 1.5 minutes; whisk until smooth. Gradually add butter, whisking until smooth. Cool, whisking often, about 25 minutes or until spreading consistency. Yield: About 2 cups

Praline Frosting

Don’t prepare this candy like frosting ahead because it will harden very quickly.

¼ cup butter

1 cup light brown sugar

1/3 cup whipping cream

1 cup powdered sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup chopped pecans

Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a 2 quart saucepan over med heat; stirring often. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add toasted pecans, stirring gently 3-5 minutes or until frosting begins to cool and thicken slightly. Pour frosting immediately over cake. Yield: About 2 cups.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have made these almost every year for 15 years...

Cocoa Kiss Cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened

⅔ cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 ⅔ cups all purpose flour

¼ cup cocoa powder

1 cup FINELY chopped pecans

1 bag (9 oz) Hershey’s Kisses

Powdered Sugar

Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Stir together flour and cocoa; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Add pecans. Beat well. Refrigerate dough 1 hour or overnight. Needs to be firm enough to handle.

Heat oven to 375. Remove wrappers from kisses. Mold tablespoon of dough around each chocolate piece, covering it completely. Shape into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet - or one lined with parchment paper.

Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool slightly. Remove to wire rack, cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar. Roll again in sugar just before serving if desired.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

Creme deMenthe Cookies

Serves: 3-4 dozen

¾ cup butter

1 ½ cup brown sugar

2 T water

2 cups chocolate chips

2 eggs

2 ½ cups flour

1 ¼ tsp baking soda

2 boxes creme dementhe thins (halved)

Heat 1st 3 ingredients until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat - add chocolate chips. Cool 10 minutes.

Blend in eggs. Add dry ingredients. Cover and chill 1 hour.

Roll into balls and bake 8-9 minutes at 350

Remove and place mint piece on top. Return to oven 1-2 minutes.

Spread melted mint like frosting.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Chocolate Cherry Blossom Cookies

These add a nice pop of color to a cookie assortment! Love that you can freeze them after baking!

3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
2/3 cup (134g) granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 Tablespoon (15ml) maraschino cherry juice
2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
16 maraschino cherries (drained and chopped)
24 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (optional)

Instructions
First, make sure you have enough room in the freezer/refrigerator because you’ll want to quickly chill the baked cookies with the Hershey’s Kiss on top in step 4.

Using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Switch mixer to medium speed and add the the sugar, vanilla and almond extracts. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl as needed. With the mixer running on high, slowly drizzle in 1 Tablespoon of the cherry juice. Beat for 1 minute on high. Turn the mixer off and pour the flour into the wet ingredients. Turn the mixer on low and slowly beat until a very soft dough is formed, then, with the mixer still running on low, add the chopped cherries.

Beat just until the cherries are disbursed in the dough. Press the dough down to compact it and tightly cover with plastic wrap to chill until firm, at least 4 hours (and up to 3 days). If the cookie dough is not sufficiently chilled, your cookies will spread all over the cookie sheet.

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats (silicone mats preferred to reduce spreading). Shape the cookie dough into balls. Use about 1 Tablespoon of dough per ball. Make sure they’re nice and smooth. If you find that the balls of dough are sticky and/or have gotten a little soft after rolling- place the balls of dough back into the refrigerator to firm up. You absolutely DO NOT want soft dough.

Bake for 11-12 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the edges. The cookies will puff up and spread slightly. Do not overbake.

Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then gently press a Hershey’s Kiss into each cookie and quickly stick the baking sheet in the freezer or fridge so the warm cookie does not completely melt the chocolate. Let the Hershey’s Kiss set on the cookies in the freezer/refrigerator for about 15 minutes.

OPTIONAL: Remove from the freezer/refrigerator, then drizzle with chocolate: melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave, in 20 second increments, stirring after each increment until melted. You can use a plastic condiment bottle to drizzle the melted chocolate chocolate; a fork or spoon work too.

Notes
Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Store cookies covered at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for 6 days. Shortbread cookie dough may be frozen up to 2 months; baked cookies may be frozen up to 2-3 months.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Triple Layer Cracker Toffee Bars

These are super easy and very, very good!

Ingredients
1 box (13.7 oz) Club Crackers
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
1/4 cup milk
1 bag (12 oz) milk chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
2 T Crisco

Instructions

Line a 9x13 baking dish with tin foil. Spray the bottom and the sides of the tin foil with cooking spray.
Place Club crackers in the bottom of the pan so it's covering the tin foil in a layer. You might have to break some in order to get the first layer down.

In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, butter, and milk. Stir and let the butter melt. Once butter is melted, turn heart to medium-high and let it cook for 5 minutes, while stirring constantly. It will boil which is what you want. Stir, boiling, for a minute or so then remove from heat.
Pour 1/3 of the caramel mixture over the layer of crackers and spread out evenly. An offset spatula or back of a spoon work for this. Repeat this two more times, ending with the caramel layer on top.

Pour the bag of milk chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Add 2 T Crisco and stir until melted, reheat as necessary. Pour over the top caramel layer and evenly spread out. If wanted, sprinkle some Christmas sprinkles or toffee pieces on top.

Refrigerate for 2 hours. Lift the bars out of the pan by the overhang of the tin foil - peel off foil and cut into small squares. As the bars sit out at room temperature they will soften slightly. Store leftovers covered in the fridge.

Recipe Notes
I use a higher fat percentage milk when I make this recipe. Half & Half or whole milk, or 2% works just fine.

Any leftovers need to be stored in the fridge. As these bars sit out at room temperature, they become softer, which is amazing. But for leftovers store them covered in the fridge.

You will end up doing 3 layers of crackers, 3 layers of caramel, and then the chocolate on top.

This is not a hard toffee recipe. The caramel is a soft caramel that stays soft even with the fridge time.

You will not use all of the crackers in the box - a little over 2 sleeves seems to do it.