Candy - Cookie - Dessert Recipes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Oven Caramel Corn

I made about a gazillion batches of this for the holiday season just past - SO good - keeps for weeks and it's naturally Gluten Free to boot! Great option when shipping gifts since it keeps so long! I put mine in a Ziploc bag then wrapped in cellophane with a pretty pattern - tied on a bow and a tag and it looked great!

8-9 quarts popped corn (air popped or made on the stove or even plain microwave style)
2 cups brown sugar
2 sticks butter or margarine
1 teaspoon salt (optional)-I don’t use it and don’t miss it either!
1/2 cup corn syrup (clear kind like Karo syrup)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Boil all ingredients except popcorn and baking soda for 5 minutes, mixing well and stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and quickly stir in baking soda. Pour over popped corn, mix well. Be careful, it's hot and will burn your hands!

Put into two to three large pans, maybe even 4, so that you have a single layer on each (I lined mine with parchment paper) then bake in 200 degree oven for 1 hour, stirring 2 or 3 times. Cool on waxed paper. Keeps for weeks in canister or Tupperware containers, but at our house it disappears quickly! You CAN burn this - original recipe called for cooking at 250 and I found this burned mine way before the hour was up but every oven is different!

If you wish you can also add some peanuts to this to make it similar to Cracker Jack.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Found this recipe today - Hot chocolate cookies at Christmas tree lane: Hot Chocolate Cookies | Christmas Tree Lane (christmas-tree-lane.com)

Hot Chocolate Cookies

PRINT

Hot Chocolate Cookies​

Yield: 36
Author: Terri Steffes
PREP TIME: 5 MINCOOK TIME: 11 MININACTIVE TIME: 5 MINTOTAL TIME: 21 MIN
An easy shortbread cookie made with hot chocolate mix!

INGREDIENTS​

• 1 cup unsalted Kerrygold butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 individual packages hot chocolate mix
  • 18 large marshmallows, cut in half

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
  2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Combine flour and hot chocolate mix. Gradually add to the butter mixture.
  4. Take a 1 T ball of dough and roll into a ball. Place in the muffin cup. Using a muddler, press the dough, leaving a depression in the dough. Repeat for all cups.
  5. Bake for 11 minutes. Remove from oven, and press one of the marshmallow halves into the depression while cookie is hot. Serve warm.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
That sounds excellent. Have it printed. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WOW!:)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Reactions: Lori K

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Thanks, working for me now. Very nice

Update: I could get lost on this site for days! Beautiful things and great ideas.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
This cookie recipe looks great! I haven't used cream of tartar before. i have Pinned it!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've been making these cookies recently. They don't look fancy, but they taste fantastic. I boost them up a notch by adding about 1/2 tsp. of ground cardamom. A little green food coloring would make them pretty for Christmas I think.

Salty Mixed Nut Cookies - Bake or Break

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I boost them up a notch by adding about 1/2 tsp. of ground cardamom.
I just LOVE cardamom! Recently bought a bag of pods from an Indian grocery store to grind fresh as needed and to make extract! Will definitely try this recipe!
I haven't used cream of tartar before.
The Cream of Tartar gives things a "tang" - I've not really come across it too much, other than Snickerdoodle recipes. Now I'm curious to see what other types of recipes it is used in!