Candy - Cookie - Dessert Recipes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

gllatshaw

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2008
Florence, South Carolina
I am looking for cookie recipes that can be frozen either before or after baking. I'd like to try these recipe on my Rudy Day. Later in the year, I want to be able to start stocking the freezer for the holidays, instead of baking during the craziness. Can you help?

Most cookie doughs can be frozen for easier planning and most baked cookies also freeze well!!! I will also be practicing on Rudy days also. I am actually gonna go in a different direction for March. I am going to make extra cookies for Easter and freeze the extras in separate quart size freezer bags (each bag carrying the same variety) and test them each month to see how well they will last.

So I will freeze extra doughs AND extra PREbaked cookies!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
What a great idea, christmascreations! Please post your findings for the rest of us!! Now that all my kids can read, I have a very hard time hiding sweets in the freezer. They saw right through my doughs/cookies labeled 'Zucchini Casserole' and 'Liver and Onions' this last year :haha: I'm laughing now, but at the time, I was very frustrated to have to redo so much baking! This year, I'll be saving boxes from actual packaged food that they don't like so that I can pack baked goods and doughs in them, and then in the freezer. . .

I can't think of a single cookie or dough that didn't do well in the freezer, gllatshaw, as long as they're wrapped tightly.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
No, christmascreations, I've never tried to freeze the jam cookies before. I bet you're right, though, that they wouldn't freeze well.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

emily_hope

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Re: Graduation caps

I made some similar to these for DD18's graduation, but these look a little simpler! Thanks. I have another DD graduating next year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Re: Candy land cake!

OMG!! I'm doing a Candyland party for DD this June! That cake is perfect! Thanks to Cipalla for reminding me of MHH (I'm a little flakey) and for telling me about the cake posting. :party: I'm so excited!!

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
Re: Candy land cake!

I LOVE IT TOO! I MIGHT JUST DO IT FOR FUN! MAYBE AT CHRISTMAS??? OR FOR CHRISTMAS IN JULY!