Candy - Cookie - Dessert Recipes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I tried these yesterday to see if they would rate for the Christmas trays and the family said they are a keeper. The chocolate is calling me when I go by BUT...... I haven't gave in.YET!!!!!!

Chocolate Crunch Patties
2 cups (12 ounces) butterscotch chips
1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
1 cup crushed thick ripple-cut potato chips
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine butterscotch and chocolate chips. Microwave at 50% poweer for 2-4 minutes or until softened, stirring after each minute. Stir until smooth. Add peanuts and potato chips, mix well, Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. (I use freezer paper) Allow to harden. Makes about 4 dozen.
Was tested in a 700 watt microwave.

jodilee10128

Retire Member
Oct 23, 2007
MONKEY BREAD

3 packages of buttermilk biscuit tubes (I use Pilsbury)
1 cup sugar (divided)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Directions

• Take 3 packages of buttermilk biscuit tubes (10 per roll) and cut each roll into 4 pieces. Drop roll pieces into 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Drop sugar-coated pieces into a well buttered Bundt pan (don't squish roll pieces when placing them in the Bundt pan).
• Put 1/2 cup of the left-over sugar/cinnamon mix and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and 1 cup of butter (2 sticks) into a small saucepan.
• Bring this mixture just to a boil; remove from heat immediately. Carefully drizzle over the roll pieces.
• Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
• Cool slightly in an upright position, then tip pan over onto a plate to remove monkey pull-apart bread.

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Using Easter Candy

I've been trying to use as much of our Easter Candy as possible. I've made m&m cookies and froze them, cut up our reeses' peanut butter cups/eggs and have made peanut butter cup pies (also in the freezer), cut up the chocolate easter bunnies and they are in the freezer for future recipes.
I do a simple Peanut Butter Pie

1 premade graham cracker crust

1 box vanilla (or chocolate) pudding
1 c. milk
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 pkg. cream cheese (softened)
1 container whipped topping thawed
1/2 c. (or more) chopped peanut butter cups
Mix vanilla pudding, milk and peanut butter until smooth. Add in cream cheese until smooth. Fold in Whipped Topping and peanut butter cups and pour into graham cracker crust.
This can be frozen for a couple months. It's delicious!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Re: Using Easter Candy

that sounds really good! i'm going to try that with some of our extra reece's too.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Re: Using Easter Candy

Make note to buy less candy next year. lol

Love the recipe.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This can be a dessert or side dish. I tried a half of the recipe last night and they loved it. Will have 2 more here tonight so will try a full recipe.

Pineapple Au Gratin

2 20 ounce cans pineapple chunks, drained (save juice)
1 cup sugar
6 T flour
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs (my Ritz were gone but I had an off brand)
Combine sugar, flour, and 6 T. of the reserved juice. Add cheese and pineapple. Mix well. Put in a lightly buttered 2 qt. casserole. Combine margarine and cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over pineapple mixture. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until lightly brown on top.

Okay Oreo Cookie Ball fans....

We have a new flavor of oreos to try out!!! Oreo Strawberry Milkshake!!!

I am hoping to find some at the store today. I will buy 2 pkgs- one to have with milk and one to crush up and try them in the oreo cookie ball recipe. The ad I saw said limited edition so if it is good as the "OCB's" then I will have to stock up on a few crush and freeze for the holidays!!!

Anyone else try these yet???

jodilee10128

Retire Member
Oct 23, 2007
Re: Homemade marshmallows

Ingredients:
For the Homemade Marshmallows

* 4 pkg gelatin
* 1 1/2 cups water
* 2 cups sugar
* 1 1/2 cups corn syrup
* 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
* 1 x pinch salt

Directions:
For the Homemade Marshmallows

1. In a small bowl sprinkle the gelatin powder over ½ cup of the water. Place the sugar and the remaining one-cup of the water in a pot and heat until warm to the touch. Add the gelatin mixture to the warm syrup and stir until fully melted.
2. Pour the gelatin syrup mixture into the bowl of a large stand mixer (i.e. Hobart or KitchenAid) fitted with a whip. Add the corn syrup and vanilla and begin beating at high speed. You may find it useful to cover the bowl with plastic wrap while it beats to keep down the splatter.
3. Continue beating until the mixture cools, increases in volume, and forms soft peaks. Working quickly before the mixture fully sets in the bowl transfer to either a standard hotel pan dusted with powdered sugar for later cutting into cubes or transfer to a piping bag fitted with a straight tip and pipe mounds onto a non stick surface such as a silpat mat dusted with powdered sugar.

Recipe comes from Food Network website. Super easy

Re: Homemade marshmallows

Martha Stewart had a recipe in her magazine a few years back. I know there is also a recipe that I printed out from food network last year. I haven't tried them yet but I do look forward to it for the fall this year. I want to make them and then try them. If I like the recipe I want to make them to go along with my hot cocoa mix for teacher gifts!!!