Candy - Cookie - Dessert Recipes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Re: Marshmallow favors

We did this at school when I was a kid. They put them on display for 6 months, then gave them back to us to eat. lol

purplecrush

Premiere Member
Re: Okay Oreo Cookie Ball fans....

Yum! Oreo Fudge?????? Never heard of that! Is the recipe here somewhere? Or is it secret lol..

I, too love these little yummy morsels!!!! Im going to have to make some now. I havent made them in a while.

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK

Thanks so much for the recipe! Oreo's have just been introduced to the UK and we can now get them in one of our major chains! Can't wait for the recipe for oreo fudge!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois

The Oreo Fudge is from Taste of Home

Cookies 'n Cream Fudge
16 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies broken into chunks, divided
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 2/3 cups vanilla chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Line an 8" square baking pan with aluminum foil, coat with nonstick cooking spray. Place half of the broken cookies in pan.

In heavy saucepan, combine the milk, butter and chips; cook and stir over low heat until the chips are melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.

Pour mixture over cookies in pan. Sprinkle with remaining cookies. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares. Yield 3 dozen pieces.

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008

I was thinking these would be good made with peanut butter sandwich cookies. Hmmmmmm

Cathymac said:
CC-how did the strawberry oreo balls turn out? I think I might make a batch of these for dessert one night this week.

Believe it or not I just finally found them Cathymac!!! This is week two of the city tournaments so I haven't tried them yet but I am off of one of my jobs next weekend and just might give it a go!!! I'll let you know...promise!!!!

Lana said:
I NEVER found the strawberry oreos around here!
I would love to try the truffles with them.

I found mine in a smaller pkg than the regular oreos and on the shelf with the boxes of cakesters!!! See if that is where your store has them also. I kept checking with the mint, pb, and regular oreos but it is definitely a slightly different pkg.

jodilee10128

Retire Member
Oct 23, 2007
Family Tradition

BROWN EYED SUSANS
1 c. butter
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. almond extract
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
Cream butter. Add sugar, extract, flour and salt. Roll level tablespoon of mixture into balls. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly with thumb print. Bake in 400 degree oven 10-12 minutes (watch them).
FROSTING:
1 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. cocoa
Almond halves
2 tbsp. hot water
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Combine sugar and cocoa. Add the water and vanilla. Put 1/2 teaspoon of frosting on each cookie with almond in the center.
Makes 3 dozen.

THESE ARE THE BEST COOKIES IF YOU LIKE SHORTBREAD AND ALMOND FLAVORING. PLUS THEY ARE COVERED IN CHOCOLATE.
:frosty:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Those cookies sound good. tfs

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I love all the yummy cookie recipes I cant wait to try some of them out!

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
I'm trying to duplicate the various cookies our landlord used to bring to my family every Christmas and this is the first one I've found...it's exactly the same as I remember!

Orange Balls

Ingredients:
-1 Box vanilla wafers, crushed
-3/4 C grated cocount
-3/4 C powdered sugar
-1/2 C frozen orange juice (undiluted)

Steps:

(You can crush the wafers in a large plastic bag using a rolling pen)

Mix vanilla wafer crumbs, coconut, and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Add the undiluted frozen orange juice and mix well. Form into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar, or in more grated coconut. That's what I did to make it just like from childhood! Store them in a closed container in the fridge.

These freeze really well!

Tammy737

MHH Member
Jul 22, 2008
These are not necessarily xmas cookies but it is a recipe that has been in my fiancee's family for years and we make it for any holiday, plus any night during the week when we just feel like having a yummy, quick dessert.

Oatmeal Boil Cookies

Ingredients:

1 and 2/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick butter melted
3 tablespoons cocoa
3 cups UNCOOKED oatmeal

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together EXCEPT the vanilla and the oatmeal. Cook over high heat stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a rolling boil. Then keep stirring for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and and add vailla and the oatmeal. Then QUICKLY drop by spoonuls onto aluminum foil. You must do this quickly because it will get hard very fast. Cool on counter until set and they firm up.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!