Candy Recipes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Post your candy recipes here... :grin:

momtomaddie

Retire Member
Jul 17, 2008
East Central Indiana
Hard Tack

2 C. sugar
3/4 C. corn syrup
1 C. water
Mix and cook to 270 degrees F. or hard brittle stage with threads as it falls in cool water. Remove from the heat and add food coloring as desired and 1/2 tsp. flavoring (cinnamon, peppermint, etc.). Pour into a buttered dish and cool. Break into pieces and roll in powdered sugar.

This is one of the first recipies I ever made with my grandma! love this stuff!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We had a potluck today and my boss brought these thinking I would use them on my Christmas trays.

A small waffle pretzel
put a rolo on top of each pretzel and put in mircowave about 20 seconds until it is alittle soft and press a pecan half in each one (she does a whole plate at once)
Can drizzle white chocolate across the top and or some green or red colored sugar. She had hers plain.

Looked really pretty and easy. A good filler for trays.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
Lana- those sound super simple, and with Rolos super good! I am helping put on a baby shower in a couple of weeks, those would be great to put out. Thanks for the idea!

Lana said:
We had a potluck today and my boss brought these thinking I would use them on my Christmas trays.

A small waffle pretzel
put a rolo on top of each pretzel and put in mircowave about 20 seconds until it is alittle soft and press a pecan half in each one (she does a whole plate at once)
Can drizzle white chocolate across the top and or some green or red colored sugar. She had hers plain.

Looked really pretty and easy. A good filler for trays.

I have heard this suggestion before but never tried it. Does sound good but I would probably do without the pecans. I never know who has a nut allergy and prefer to be safe.

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
I've made these.....SUPER simple & yummy!!!

If nuts are a problem....smash down another pretzel on top after coming outta the oven.

Crunchy, salty & sweet!

Nothin' better.

Pippi ;-)

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I've made these! They get rave reviews everytime I serve them!

Pippi said:
I've made these.....SUPER simple & yummy!!!

If nuts are a problem....smash down another pretzel on top after coming outta the oven.

Crunchy, salty & sweet!

Nothin' better.

Pippi ;-)

I just might try that Pippi...thanks

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I think fudge is considered a candy? I adapted the cookie cutter fudge idea to my favourite (effortless lol) Toll House Famous Fudge recipe. This will be my Christmas gift to my coworkers this year :package:

Cookie Cutter Fudge

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) Carnation Evaporated Milk

2 tablespoons butter or margarine

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups miniature marshmallows

1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) Nestlee Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

LINE baking pan with foil.

COMBINE sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

STIR in marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Spoon mixture into cookie cutter molds, filling to tops of molds. When cool decorate with icing and candies. Refrigerate uncovered about 2 hours or until firm.

LIFT from pan; carefully remove foil. Place cookie cutters and fudge into cellophane gift bags, and tie with ribbons.

FOR MILK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: SUBSTITUTE 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉÉ TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Morsels.

FOR BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE: SUBSTITUTE 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉÉ TOLL HOUSE Butterscotch Flavored Morsels for Semi-Sweet Morsels.

FOR PEANUTTY CHOCOLATE FUDGE: SUBSTITUTE 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉÉ TOLL HOUSE Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Morsels and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts for pecans or walnuts.

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
My Aunt served these while we were visiting. They're quick and super easy to make.

Peanut Clusters

1 bag of chocolate chips (semisweet or milk chocolate)
1 bag of peanut butter chips
1 tall can of c.ocktail peanuts.

Melt the chips and then add the peanuts. Drop by teaspoon on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Put in fridge until set.

I've also used the chocolate/peanut butter swirl chips with success.

If you live in the South, I recommend you keep them in the fridge cuz they can get messy if it's warm out.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Marshmallow glittering lollipops

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...rt=180&um=1&hl=fr&sa=N&tbs=isch:1&um=1&itbs=1

Ingredients
Nonstick vegetable or canola oil spray
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bag of large marshmallows
lollipop or wooden popsicle sticks
assorted toppings (sprinkles, nonpareils, sugar, coarsely chopped candy canes, etc)

Instructions
1. Clear out a space in your refrigerator for one baking sheet (make sure the space is tall enough to accommodate the lollipop sticks)

2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly spray it with oil, and then wipe the oil evenly across the parchment paper.

3. Place the chocolate in the top of a double boiler, or in a stainless steel or Pyrex bowl over a saucepan with 1 inch of hot water. Melt the chocolate chips over medium-low heat until the chocolate is smooth (about 8 minutes). Transfer the melted chocolate to a room temperature bowl.

4. Put each topping in a separate shallow bowl. (I found what worked better, actually, was to just sprinkle the topping over the chocolate dipped marshmallows, rather than to dip them into the toppings. It kept the toppings from clumping).

5. Put a lollipop/popsicle stick into each marshmallow, making sure the stick is secure. Then dip the marshmallow pop into the chocolate, cover the marshmallow as evenly as possible. Dip your marshmallow into a topping (or, again, sprinkle the topping over the marshmallow). Place on parchment paper. Repeat until done.

6. Refrigerate the marshmallow pops until the chocolate has completely hardened (about 45 minutes).

Go look at the pictures... they are beautiful gifts!! Could even stick out of stockings.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bugles filled with PB & dipped in chocolate

Source and step-by-step photo tutorial:
http://cookiesandcups.com/chocolate...Feed%3A+cookiesandcups+%28cookies+and+cups%29

Recipe: Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bugles
Ingredients
1 (7.5 oz) bag of Bugles
2 (9.5 oz) bags of Dove Milk Chocolates..use whatever chocolate you most prefer
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2+ Tbsp of milk
Instructions
In a large bowl combine your peanut butter and powdered sugar. Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time until it’s smooth. (I used 2 Tbsp)
Beat until smooth.
Using a piping bag or a ziplock with the edge snipped off pipe the peanut butter into the Bugle.
Melt your chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute on 50% power, stir and repeat for 15 seconds until melted.
Dip the peanut butter end of the Bugle into the melted chocolate and set on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
When all are dipped put in freezer until set and ready to eat.
Quick notes
I used Milk Chocolate for these, but that doesn’t set up hard, so if you prefer you can use candy melting disks or semi sweet chocolate. Also I like to eat these frozen, but you certainly don’t have to. These are best if eaten the same day you make them.