Can't find week one movie?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hi everyone,

Sorry to create a new thread, but I'd like to be prepared in advance for week one of Christmas in July.

Does anyone know if "A Christmas Proposal" has been released under another title? I've tried searching a number of Australian online stores but cannot track it down anywhere. The only place I can find it is Amazon, which I could order it from, but will need to see if my player can play region 1 disks first.

Maybe it hasn't been released in Australia? If any other MHH members are in Australia and have it, can you let me know where you found it?

Thanks in advance!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sarah. I have not tried looking for the movie in question but agree with you, sometimes movies seem to have been released here under a different name. 4 Christmases is I think called 4 Holidays here.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
You're right - 4 Christmases is 4 Holidays here. That one still came up when I searched for 4 Christmases though. This one doesn't come up with anything.

I'll keep looking anyway :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sarah...I'll see if I can track it down on any of the sites I have book marked and let you know. It is so nice having another Aussie on here to share with.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Alternate choice?

Sarah/Katrina - If you can't find the movie for that week, maybe you could suggest another one? I'm sure that most of us wouldn't mind watching TWO Christmas movies! ;) I am unlikely to order the first one from Amazon - but I'd be happy to join you to discuss the alternate!

Colleen

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
That's a great idea, Colleen! I'll see what other christmas movies are around and pick one I haven't seen yet :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sarah, i could not find it on any of the Australian Dvd sites. Did find a few Dvd's to buy the kids for Christmas though. Some of the prices were too good to pass up, so I did a quick bit of online shopping!!!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Ok, after looking online at various favourite Christmas movie lists, I've chosen "The Nightmare Before Christmas". I love Tim Burton and I haven't seen this one, so I'll watch this for the first Christmas in July movie :)

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
The Nightmare Before Christmas it is! I'll be on vacation that week, but I'll be sure to check in and post my thoughts. DS(4) and my SIL love Jack Skellington!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Cool! I'm looking forward to it!

:)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We also have this movie. DD got it last year in her Christmas Eve basket. looks like it is the one.