Can't wait....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
to get the holiday recipes started the next few Rudy days (only Oct and Nov left).

OCTOBER RUDY DAY is also TURKEY DAY so my plans are as follows:

RUDY DAY:

work on my holiday card envelopes being addressed
have kids sign their own names on the cards
make some cookie dough and freeze
make some sauce and freeze for freezer meal dinners making for some relatives

TURKEY DAY:

make a recipe using one of my two large turkey breasts in the freezer (want to do it crockpot style if possible)
go over menu with relatives and assign them some of the dishes
see if I can get the Turkey I want ordered from one of the stores here

I'm sure there will be more but that's all I can think of right now!!

:friendly: :turkey: :friendly: :turkey: :friendly:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well let's see:

For Rudolph Day:
1. Work on cards
2. Update lists
3. Make a master grocery/baking list (sales will start soon)
4. Listen to Music

For Turkey Day:
1 Try a new pie recipe
2. Try a recipe for carrots au gratin.

Can you tell....I associate Thanksgiving with FOOD!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
For Rudolph Day i'm going to:

-Start work on a cross stitch project for mom and stepdad
-Do some work on a stocking kit i've had forever
-Listen to some Christmas music
-Drink some hot cocoa
-Maybe inventory my decorations since I need to repack them for the move anyway.

We're moving on Thanksgiving this year so no cooking for me, which means no planning either. lol

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I can't wait, either! My plan is to swap Rudy and Turkey Day with Great Pumpkin Day...because R&T Days are two days before our Boo!Bash, and i need the time. However, on GPD, the party will be over and Halloween will be easy...just make some cheese dip, put some chili in the crockpot and make some doctored up brownies! So, here's my altered Rudy and Turkey Day plans:

Rudy assignments:
:stocking: buy some stocking stuffers for my boys
:stocking: make some Christmas tea mix for stocking stuffers
:stocking: make some quick bread mixes for breakfast baskets

Turkey assignments:
:pilgrim: Make guest list and call or email everyone to see who's coming
:pilgrim: Make final menu plans and non perishable list-add at least 3 items to this week's grocery list
:pilgrim: Look for a Thanksgiving table cloth or look for fabric to make one

That should be about enough, along with regular duties! Plus, we have a ballgame that night, so I"ll need to do a crockpot supper!

Happy planning, everyone!! :pilgrim:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
1. Design and print Christmas cards. That's enough, lol.
2. Cook turkey in crockpot since I'll be busy with cards. I might toss in some veggies with the Turkey so the whole dinner will be ready at once. I thought I saw a recipe that uses french onion soup mix on Holiday magic. I'll have to hunt that down. Oh, found it in my Turkey Notebook but didn't copy who posted it. Would that person raise their hand please. I'll mark in in my notebook so I'll be thinking of you when I make this. Thanks.

I've read "All that matters" for Turkey Day :friendly: and have the movie "Desk Set" from the library to watch this week.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
My Rudy/Turkey Day will be like this:

1st part of the day going through my Christmas decorations and creating a room by room planner.

2nd part of the day I'm going to prepare a small Thanksgiving dinner. Instead of a turkey we will have cornish hens. Don't want to get tired of eating turkey too soon! :turkey:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Room by room planner...good idea. I have one, but I created it early-like in June or so, and I've changed my mind about several things. I don't want to purchase anything new if I don't have to, and my early plans were based on several new items. I think I'll work on that, as well. Thanks for the reminder, Aggy! :smile:

happyalice

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
I can't wait!
I'm going to set aside all of my current sewing projects and (hopefully) finish up some placemats I'm making for DMIL for Christmas. They're paper-pieced flowers and are taking FOREVER!

Other than that, I'll probably watch a Christmas movie. And DH is telling me that we have to have cinnamon redhots and peanuts. Not sure where that one came from. :haha: But as long as he's in the spirit, that's what we'll do!

qltmrkt

Premiere Member
I had written on Thinkin' Thanksgiving on the OC that I had been fed up with going 4 hours it MIL for the last 28 years for Thanksgiving. It was time for her to pass the baton onto the next generation. Well, that didn't happen this year. She made DH feel so guilty that, yes, we are making the trek again. So I don't have to pick between the two.....at least for this year. But next year..............

I have to confirm my Christmas card list and addys. The cards are made already. I may go ahead and buy the stamps since they will be available that day, address the envelopes. I am going shopping that day with a dear friend to a major, independent fabric store so I will also buy the fabric for the nieces and nephews gifts. Money is slim this year so I am making them all flannel pillowcases with Christmas prints. I'll just tell them to they can open the gifts on Christmas Eve. In fact, we always give our DK gifts to open on the 24th so I may make the pillowcases for them, too. Even if they are adults, who wouldn't want a nice soft, warm pillowcase! I also have to put some kind of hanger on the two Christmas stockings I just made for DH and I. Plus a few other things. Since I work that day, I may have to have Rudy day spill over into the weekend :haha:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I had planned to inventory my Christmas decorations but I've done that already. So what I will do is sign and address more Christmas cards. While doing that I'll watch a couple of Christmas movies and snack on popcorn and hot chocolate. :skate:

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
I want to finish up my cards- they just need stamps.
I also need to carefully open the Christmas closet as everything topples on my head so I can get the wrapping done. I love having a faulty memory- everything in that closet will be a complete surprise when I see it again! :slap:
I also heard Josh Groban has a new Christmas cd? If that's true, I MUST have it immediately!!
I suppose I should also double check my budget so I don't go crazy as the stores start to lure me in with their fabulous displays.. :haha:

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
This Rudy Day I'm going to plan a Cookie Exchange. Haven't done one in a few years and a friend wants to do it together. This should be extra fun. Need to confirm date, firm up who to invite, chose cookies I want to make, etc.

Will help me get in the mood for decorating. The first time in close to 40 years that we won't be celebrating here. DH thought perhaps I wouldn't want to decorate. Was going to decorate low key but not now - going to do the usual. We will be here most of December so why not.

:frosty:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I think I am going to watch "Christmas Vacation". I have had the theme song going through my head for 3 days now!! I am also going to work on the scapbook for my sister. I just reminded the kids about Rudy Day this week and they are very excited!!

:snowman: Melanie

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
Dh planned a little league board meeting for the 25th. That means I'll send most of the day typing up info. for the meeting and making calendars for that. I do plan to listen to Christmas music the whole time. Humm maybe even make some Christmas cards for the people on the little league board.
:rudolph: