Casserole/Soup of the Week- Week 4

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
This week's recipe sounds very comforting to me. It is Zesty Potato Soup from teachermomof2. I hope you will join me this week in trying it out.

Zesty Potato Soup

4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed

2 cups water

1 teaspoon dried minced onion

1 garlic clove, minced

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 cup milk

4 ounces process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed

1/3 cup chopped green chilies or 1 Tbsp. of Frank's Red Hot Sauce

2 tablespoons butter

1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules

2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley

DIRECTIONS
In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. (Do not drain.) Mash potatoes in liquid until almost smooth. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.

Enjoy!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
That sounds REALLY good and you are right ... it looks very comforting.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thanks for posting my recipe Annie! This one is a favorite of both the kids and dh. DS just asked when I'd be making it.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I just had lunch with my friend from work and I told her about this recipe. She said she makes a soup similar to this and if she wants to make it more hearty she adds kielbasa sausage! I thought that sounded great!

I just had this thought, too- if you want extra spicy you could add chorizo sausage.

Annie

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
That sounds so good. My DH would love it. He's a meat and potato man! I will try this soon...I'm always looking for soups for Wednesday night suppers-when we have to be at chuch at 6 pm and don't get home until 5! Can't wait to try it!