Celebration Trees

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Belles

Retire Member
Year Round Celebration Trees

I am so excited, this year I decided to leave up two celebration trees that I can decorate for each holiday. After a trip to Hobby Lobby, where I picked up a few heart ornaments I came home and decorated my trees for Valentines day. They could use a few more ornaments, but that is something I can work on collecting.

~ I posted pictures on my blog, if you have time take a look and share with me how you will decorating for Valentines day.

Last edited:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Really cute, Belles. Thanks for sharing. I have often thought about doing one. When my nieces were younger I bought a small pre-lit tree after Christmas for each of them. I created a "Fairy Fairy" that sent seasonal fairies to deliver tree decorations. I gate decorations for winter, Valentine's Day, Easter, Memorial Day/4th of July, Summer, back to school/fall, Halloween, and Christmas. They still talk about those trees and I had fun being a secret fairy!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Love the idea of a year-round celebration tree.

Your valentine tree is really nice Belles and so is your blog.

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
I love the thought of having a tree up all year & changing the decorations each season or holiday. I have a "tree" (branches in a clay pot, maybe 24" tall) on my mantle that I decorate with ribbon (change colors each season). I actually "made" felt heart ornaments years ago for Valentine's. They are very simple, but have held up quite well. I cut 2 felt hearts (same size, color), stitch a few beads on front, use fabric glue to attach hearts together w/ribbon loop in between. I vary size of hearts & beads (seed & bugle) & used red & pink felt for mine. You could use this idea for Easter eggs too. This could be a simple, inexpensive filler on your trees.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I keep a 6' tree up year round for all the holidays. It's currently still the jingle bell tree, mostly because I'm lazy and haven't taken it down yet, but partly because a lot of my jingle bells have snowmen on them..so it's sort of a winter tree! When I finally do take the jingle bells off I have red glass hearts, ornaments that look like cookies (so cute!), sparkly heart picks and a few spun glass hearts. After Vday, it's on to spring with Easter eggs, crosses, bunnies and carrots and spring flowers. In the summer it has red, white and blue ornaments (glass balls and patriotic do-dads), paper fans, etc. Then it's back to school with mini theme books, crayons, pencils, scissors, rulers and other school supply things along with apples. Mid-September it becomes my favorite, the fall tree...amber crystal drops, brown glass balls, fall flowers, mini gourds and pumpkins and acorns. Around Halloween it usually gets some Halloween stuff added...I've used feathered and/or glittered masks, mini trick or treat bags, orange and black feather boas, witches' hats..whatever I can find that i can hang on a tree! After Halloween the spooky stuff goes into storage and it's just fall until time to put the jingle bells back on. This year I made paper cones from fall catalogs and hot glued in (old-from last year) candy corn and mellocreme pumpkins, then brushed a coat of mod podge over the candy to seal it..they turned out SO CUTE!! I'm thinking I might do that with Easter candy as well.

I love my year round tree and although I sometimes think about taking it down to make more room in my tiny little house, the end result is always "naaahhh..". We like it too much!

Belles-very cute tree!!!