Centerpiece

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I'm sort of thinking about doing something different for a centerpiece this year...I've done pumpkins and candles and fresh fruit and mums....all pretty, all inexpensive, all work! I'd like to have something different this year. I bought an amber colored hurricane globe with wheat etched on it at Kirklands...I'm thinking I'd like to use it, but it's very tall (on a stem of sorts-kind of like a giant hurricane glass!) so it might not work on the table-you want guests to be able to see each other across the table.

Any suggestions??? I'm kind of leaning toward traditional, but a little bit more upscale. Any ideas?

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
I don't usually keep the centerpieces on the table when we begin to eat. The family all see the centerpieces before the meal and then I remove them when it is time to eat. We have a large family so every inch of the table is used!!!

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Just a suggestion, Cathymac. Since you have a lot of pumpkins, how about trying the pumpkins and winter vegies with dried leaves, wheat, acorns, and nuts? You might try to work in a pillar candle or three, depending on how long your table is.

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Why not elevate your hurricane on a platform and cluster the pumpkins around the bottom since it is tall. Take a box and place a piece of fabric or table runner over it. Place it in the center of the table. Put the hurricane on top with the other decorations. It may make it easier for your guests to see "through" the centerpiece.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Great ideas! Of course, I usually change my mind at the last minute and do something different from what I'd originally planned! LOL! The current issue of Woman's World magazine (told you I was a magazine junkie!!) shows a beautiful arrangement using pumpkins painted gold. I did that a long time ago, and I DO have a new package of craft paint with gold, silver and copper paints....sprinkled with clear glitter....on a bed of leaves.....with the amber hurricane (elevated-Thanks, Scarlett!) on a pumpkin colored tablecloth or my ivory tablecloth with the fall leaves and battenburg lace type cutouts....hmmm....yes, I think so!! Thanks all! If it turns out, I'll post pics!! LOL! :pilgrim: