Charcuterie boards

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I LOVE these boards!

Thank you, Lucie!

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I always have a charcuterie when entertaining. Typically I'll include a spread cheese (often homemade, cream cheese mixed with pepper relish or peach habanero jam) in a small decorative bowl, a semi-soft cheese wedge (like a stilton with dried fruit), and slices of cheddar, swiss, pepper jack or other favorites, as well as salami and/or summer sausage. I've also included, on occasion, a sliced cold herb-roasted chicken breast or some smoked turkey. To help fill in, I usually add some cashews, dried cranberries, and clusters of grapes. Sometimes, I add a small glass to the tray and fill it with breadsticks. And always good crackers. So easy to do and cheaper than buying one ready-made at the deli. On a side note, the trend in our area is to place the charcuterie on a countertop or side-board covered with brown butcher's paper, rather than using a board. Makes clean-up easier, but there's usually more waste by placing the cheeses, etc. directly on paper, as things stick and wind up being tossed.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
This seems like an appropriate article for this discussion. A very informal way to prepare a tray.https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-low-key-brilliance-of-the-hungarian-snacking-tray?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I just saw this now and my... both links look so appetizing. :)

Reactions: HouseElf

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I thinking of making two boards for DDIL and DSs' reveal party.

Reactions: luludou