Chore Punch Card- For Kids

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
http://zitzmanfam.blogspot.com/2012/05/chores-pinteresting-wednesday.html

Saw this. Thought it was super cool idea. You have to scroll down in the post to see the punch card.

Also loved her idea of "no arguing chores." These are chores you have to do without question or argument- making the bed, emptying the dishwasher, wiping down bathroom counter, etc.

Annie

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
That is too cool! I may use that with the older two when school starts back up. DD would love it i'm sure.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have been trying to figure out a plan w/ the boys. Not sure if this will work for them but I am going to print out the oh no! poem for the toys. I get so sick of finding their guns all over the house.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Thanks for sharing, Annie! I love the concepts and it's fun to see what others are doing.

Shannon, check out chorebuster.net. It has worked very well for our two boys and for us as well for that matter. I'm happy to share my experience with it and how I made it work if you are interested.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Annie, those are great ideas... wish I had thought of that when the kids were smaller.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
This may sound dorky:

I was thinking of making a punch card for myself for either:

* Decluttering sessions

* Work outs

Then after my card is punched out, I can treat myself with a new lipstick, a DVD, or something small I've been eyeing.

As I get more and more workouts or decluttering sessions in, I can require more punches.
For ex: 2 punchcards need to be punched out to get a treat. Or 3, whatever. And for a bigger item, more punchcards need to be punched out.

Annie

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
This may sound dorky:

I was thinking of making a punch card for myself for either:

* Decluttering sessions

* Work outs

Then after my card is punched out, I can treat myself with a new lipstick, a DVD, or something small I've been eyeing.

As I get more and more workouts or decluttering sessions in, I can require more punches.
For ex: 2 punchcards need to be punched out to get a treat. Or 3, whatever. And for a bigger item, more punchcards need to be punched out.

Annie

I was thinking the same thing since I don't have any children. Especially the no arguing chores. Some mornings I'm so lazy I fight with myself to make my bed or unload the dishwasher when it's finished. Another chore I fight with is putting my shoes away. I take them off at the front door and sometimes I let them sit there until I force myself to put them away or I trip over them coming in the house. Looking at the front door right now I have about 6 pairs of shoes sitting there. lol

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
aggy- What is it with unloading the dishwasher?! I hate doing it! Ha ha!

Let me know if you're going to do the punch cards for yourself. I'm definetly going to do it for workouts.

Annie