Christmas 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Ordered my stamps from the company that did my cards - they match the cards! I have to figure out how to handle the international ones - can they go with a matching stamp plus more postage for the additional amount or will the matching stamps not work? Will have to go to the post office to ask.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to the post office near work and got International stamps. They did not have domestic stamps so I will try the local post office. From what I understand the post office orders what stamps they think they will sell. Last year several post offices ran out of stamps and they were hard to get. How can a post office run out of stamps? Anyway I want to get mine ASAP so that I am sure to get them. I could always buy normal postage stamps but they cost $1 each and Christmas stamps are 65c each.

Pamela, love the fact that you can order stamps.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Anyway I want to get mine ASAP so that I am sure to get them. I could always buy normal postage stamps but they cost $1 each and Christmas stamps are 65c each.

That's an interesting concept to lower the Christmas stamps. Is that to allow more people to send Christmas greetings?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
That's an interesting concept to lower the Christmas stamps. Is that to allow more people to send Christmas greetings?
Australia Post have always lowered the cost of Christmas Stamps. They can only be used from November 1st to December 31st and only for cards. It does help the budget.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Running out of stamps at our post office is common as well. Our post office can only have a certain monetary value they told me and when the new stamps come in, when they are gone, they are gone. Then you have to order them..and it takes like 10days or more. I'm like..It's the POST OFFICE..why does it take so long to get stamps!!! Don't get it...but if we want decorative stamps it just makes sense to order them and not have the headache.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Had never heard of lowering prices for Christmas stamps, what a great idea! wish they would do that here.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Had never heard of lowering prices for Christmas stamps, what a great idea! wish they would do that here.

I like that idea too.

Our post office can only have a certain monetary value they told me and when the new stamps come in, when they are gone, they are gone.

I never knew this. That explains a lot.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
.but if we want decorative stamps it just makes sense to order them and not have the headache.

We cannot get decorative stamps here, only what Australia Post provides. There is a choice of 2 Christmas stamps, traditional/religious and 1 that is a bit more decorative/fun, like a surfing Santa. You can ask for which ones you want but other than those 2 no other options are available.