christmas 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
There was a small supply of wrapping paper at Walmart. I don't know if all Walmart stores are set up like the one I was at, but it was found in the garden center. :)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I was in DT last night. They have a pretty good bit of Christmas.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I haven’t been out in a week so I’ll have to check places out on Monday.

One of the local butchers is now taking orders for turkeys for thanks giving.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still not too much around in the store here. I did notice though that all stock have stickers saying "while stocks last" so I am assuming that once that item is sold it will not be replaced. I will make sure that if I see something that I cannot live without I will purchase it then and not wait. To be honest though there has not been one thing so far that has caught my eye.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Katrina, I have seen many things (that caught my eye, I love ribbon.) and have to remind myself that I have a lot stashed. I am trying to use up what I already have. I do a lot of talking myself out of what I like.
I am attracted to decorations. I have to pull what I have out now and give it a good look because I like what I have and just don't remember it. If I get it out now I won't be so tempted to purchase other things I like. I not one to change decor themes every year. Seems the last 2 years farmhouse popular. I like farmhouse but where's the color? Black, white, ivory, mint and silver. Pretty but I like the saturated colors of Christmas, green and red and all its' variations mixed with nature's colors.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina, I have seen many things (that caught my eye, I love ribbon.) and have to remind myself that I have a lot stashed. I am trying to use up what I already have. I do a lot of talking myself out of what I like.
Jody, I spent a lot of time after last Christmas culling what I did not like or need so I ended up with only things that I enjoy. I think that it is working for me in not buying too much this year. I too like ribbons and paper but have so much here that I am keen to use up. Maybe then I will feel OK with buying more.

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I took an inventory of wrapping stuff back in July. The only thing I'll probably need to get is sticky tape for dh and kids to use. I usually wrap gifts in fat quarters/brown paper and seal it with ribbon.

Im very tempted to buy extra candy canes/old fashionrd lollipops to tie into the gifts

Reactions: homemade4me

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Im very tempted to buy extra candy canes/old fashionrd lollipops to tie into the gifts
Rabble, I think folk are thinking of ways of making this year more special due to the circumstances. Candy canes would make a wonderful addition.

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
Rabble, I think folk are thinking of ways of making this year more special due to the circumstances. Candy canes would make a wonderful addition.
Yes, I've heard a lot of people decorating early/going extra on things. I was blasting out Mr Bublè earlier and dh said something along the lines of "it's good to hear something happy for a change"

Ive already got the christmas mugs out!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
You can do fun things with candy canes, I'm sure Pinterest has lots of ideas. Two that come to mind are make a reindeer with some brown pipe cleaners, google eyes, and a small pom pom for the nose (red for Rudolph, of course) and glue two of them together to make a heart. I'm sure a "How to make a heart with two candy canes" Google search will have a photo.

Reactions: rabble

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
You can do fun things with candy canes, I'm sure Pinterest has lots of ideas. Two that come to mind are make a reindeer with some brown pipe cleaners, google eyes, and a small pom pom for the nose (red for Rudolph, of course) and glue two of them together to make a heart. I'm sure a "How to make a heart with two candy canes" Google search will have a photo.
Thats a good idea, thanks!

I like candy cane hunts too

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I've almost got everything ready for a North Pole Breakfast on the 1st. Does anyone else do it?
I'm waiting for Christmas pjs to arrive, and then I just have to buy the food nearer the time. Make some decor etc

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I've never heard of it. What do you serve? :)
It's basically an excuse to have dessert for breakfast! Last year we had pancakes and we turned them into santa faces with cut up fruit/ cream etc. This year I'm going to do christmas tree shaped crumpets, mini donuts, green and red fruit... chocolate milk, coffee for me, and decorate the table in greens and reds etc. It's just a way to kick off december!

I think a lot of people use it as a way to bring their elves back. Lots of pinterest boards on it.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What a great idea for a breakfast.
I do a Christmas countdown and some of the days include, Milkshake night, Pizza night, cheese and crackers night. I think I can add anice breakfast on there as well. Thanks for the idea.

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I cant take credit for it haha, apparently it's been about for years. I only heard about it last year. It's a good way to spread out the excitement a bit more instead of having everything piled in to the last couple of weeks.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It sounds like a fun idea for us this year too. My college age children will all be home from November 25th until the end of January at this point. The days are getting shorter here and with positive coronavirus numbers increasing more and more, I want us all to have something to look forward to December and January.

My dc have talked about doing activities, making food and making drinks from their childhood to brighten up the days and nights here. I was already planning on using Katrina's Advent ideas as a jumping off point for us. I think my dc would get a kick out of this. :)