Christmas Boxes - Need Suggestions, PLEASE!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Hi everyone! I am WAY behind this year and forgot to plan out my Christmas boxes! As a reminder, I put together 6-7 boxes (depending on the year) for relatives/friends/neighbors who live alone or are in need of some extra cheer in the days before Christmas (Dec13th to the 25th). I usually have a theme for the little gifts, BUT NOT THIS YEAR! Help!

My 9yo has suggested Christmas hacks (or cheats) to make the holiday prep easier, but I can't think of 12 little gifts! I always start with a CD of favorite Christmas music. Maybe cookie mix in a jar? What else???

Or, if someone can suggest a different theme, I'm all (elf) ears.

Some of the themes I've done in the past:

12 Days of Christmas (like the song, but with a modern twist)
Favorite Christmas Movie quotes
The Legends of Christmas (Candy Cane, Pickle, etc.)
Christmas Around the World
Favorite Christmas Carols
Christmas Through the Eyes of A Child (Bringing back the magic)
Elves (this was last year)
Snowmen/snowflakes
Based on the Children's specials (Rudolph, Frosty, Peanuts, etc.)

I need to pull this together by Thanksgiving so that I have time to wrap/mail them all. I know how creative you all are...any suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
If you do Christmas Hacks you could do:

The hand tape dispensers- they fit over your fingers or you wear it on your wrist, can't remember, but it allows you to have quick, easy access to tape.

There are these stick like scissor things that make cutting wrapping paper easy- no idea what they are called.

Command Hooks to hang decorations with! You can put one on the inside of your front door, upside down, and use it to hang your wreath with ribbon. That way the actual hanging part is on the inside so the wind can't blow your wreath off the door.

Magnetic wreath holders are heavy duty and awesome especially for those doors that just won't fit an actual over the door hanger.

Gift tags for presents

Hot chocolate with marshmallows, chocolate spoons, candy canes, etc.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Theme: A Cozy Winter's Night

Options could include:
Slippers/Slipper Socks/Warm Fuzzy Socks
Cocoa Mugs
Cocoa Mix / Flavored Tea bags / Flavored Coffee
Soup Mug
Soup Mixes
Cookie mix or brownie Mix
Throw Blanket
Crossword puzzle book with a new Pen
Puzzle or card game
Chapstick
Popcorn or favorite snack
Chocolate Covered Cherries
Christmas DVD/Book/Magazine
Hand Lotion
Holiday scented candle/plug in air freshner

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Thank you, ladies!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Minta, you suggestions sound like they would make an excellent Me box for ourselves.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
That's a nice thing to do, Collen. I like Minta's Cozy Winter Night. I'd love to get that! If you put in the cocoa, there needs to be a big old fashioned candy cane to go with it. *swoon* :)

Can you give us an example of items you have included in the past. I did a quick history search but didn't see it on here. What did you include for Elves and Snowflakes for instance? Most importantly, what did you include in last year's box? I'd think you would want to switch it up a bit.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
A ME box - how fun!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
What a fun brainstorming project.You could end up with ideas for years to come.

My contribution: A game theme with deck of cards, book of different game rules, etc.

A spa theme could be fun even for men.They need to have good grooming products too including cuticle cream, nail file, clippers, etc. You can even find handmade soaps in manly-named stents.

Have fun!