Christmas Budget 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I have done the 52 week challenge but done it backwards- 52 the first week then 51 etc... It was easier as our Summer holidays are Dec/ Jan and we spend a lot of time at the beach which is a cheap day out... rather than in Winter when we do more movies etc....I also buy a $25 gift card each week to put away and spend on food, wine, decorations etc.....
In Australia many of the big stores have July sales mostly for toys but also for other items as well, in which they allow you to lay- bye items until Christmas Eve. I do a lot of shopping in these sales and pay a bit each week. They hold the items, store them and I just pick them up when ready.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good job Tanya. I don't suppose it matters how we do it as long as it gets done.

frostythesnowman

Premiere Member
May 4, 2013
uk
We set aside £200 pounds every month starting from January to November and that covers most of christmas...:smilegifts:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My Christmas club at the bank will be available on November 1st. We put $50 every fortnight into this account and it really helps. When the kids were little we used it for back to school supplies (school starts in February here). Now that the kids are no longer in school we use it as a buffer of we need it.

If you have not done so in a while, try and so some Christmas prep today, whether it be deposit some money in the bank, buy a gift card or even a stocking filler or two. Every little bit will make December 24th a little bit easier.

sprouthappy

Retire Member
Nov 13, 2014
Mel, thanks for posting this. I really need to start doing that because now I’m feeling the crunch. I never learn my lesson!