Christmas Card Display

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hi guys,

Just a quick question before I head off to work. I've been pondering my Christmas Card display, and wondering what everyone else does?

Last year, I hung the cards on the wall with string, which I really like the look of. The problem was that the blu tak which was holding the string on the walls wasn't really strong enough and the cards would easily fall down.

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to keep the cards up, or another way to display them? I have a lot of family, and I also participate in the Christmas Card Exchange, so there will be quite a lot of cards!

Thanks in advance!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Sarah - 3M makes Command Hooks that stick on most surfaces (and come off without damaging the walls). I'm not sure if they carry them over there, but maybe check at the hardware store? You could loop the string around those - they are very sturdy and can even hold a full size wreath.

We have floor to ceiling "plantation shutters" in our living and dining room, so I just tuck the cards in those. My MIL tapes them on her kitchen cabinets.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I hang mine from the evergreen swag along the stairs/ post. I use a paperclip with ribbon to attach.
At the end of the season, I tie them together, and date the ribbon. "Christmas _ _ _ _"
Previous years are stored in a basket.
:)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I run a thin piece of wire from hooks on either side of the mantle and string the cards across, overlapping as necessary.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Great ideas guys!

Colleen, we do have 3M over here, so I will see if I can find the Command Hooks :)

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I have an angel motif memory board that I use for Christmas cards, invitations, newletters and pictures that accompany them. I store it each year with the cards/letters in a ziploc bag so that I can have them to update everyone's addresses, family status, etc.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I keep mine in a cute basket on the coffee table and we all thumb through them throughout the season.