Christmas Clearance Already?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
My local Joann's has already marked down all their Christmas to 70% off. I thought maybe we could post and inform others when we see a chain start marking it down. Joann's got my hopes up, so I went to Hobby Lobby and they were at 50% I was hoping for a 60-70% ;)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Michael's has some of their items at 70% (picks mainly) and the rest of the stuff was between 50 and 60% off. I don't think there will be a lot of things left over after Christmas. Even at 50%, Hobby Lobby was getting close to clearing out their Christmas.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I think you're right. My Joann's and Hobby Lobby both were getting picked over. Joann's even had a couple of empty aisles and they were putting out Valentine's Day stuff.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Dollar General is also marking things down already. I got some cute ornaments at 75% off. .25 cents each:)

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I was at HobLob today, and stuff was marked down, but not a lot left. When I was at Joann's last week, the Valentine's stuff was already out. I am not going to buy anything except maybe ribbon (thanks, Kim). I might get some wrapping paper, because I have about used up my stash from the last couple of years!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I picked some great deals today - like a free 7+ foot live balsam fir tree, wreath and urn filler. Our local grocer had them for free today, and as I have not (gasp) put ours up yet - big debate in our home about live vs. the one in the box downstairs - we now have an amazing smelling tree in my dining room!

Most stores had great deals on decorations and 'gift' items (purchased dh three sweaters, 2 polos and a long sleeve shirt for less then the cost of one of the sweaters at first price!) - at Marks Work Warehouse. I also picked up a free ceramic coffee mug because I spent more then 30 dollars! Stocking stuffer!!

Sometimes I am beginning to think waiting a little longer is paying off!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Wow, HouseElf those are GREAT deals! You can't beat a free tree!!!

Pam - If you really need wrapping paper, Hob Lob has the best paper going...and believe me, I have purchased paper from a lot of places! Make sure to look for the 100 sq foot roll to get the best bang for your buck and some rolls are taller than others so that makes it a better value, too. The papers that have metallic type prints are the same price but not the same square footage. Even at 50% off it's a great price! Give me time...I'll get you hooked on wrapping paper, too. I should send you a picture of my paper stash! Ha!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
HouseElf - great deals! Our local drugstore has Christmas stuff at 75% off.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Yeah, I've decided that since last year, they have moved the big markdowns to the week BEFORE christmas. That's great for some, but who wants to spend their week out shopping. I've got mixed feelings about the whole thing.

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
I'm getting "Daily Deal" emails from Michaels (past 2 weeks or so). There are some BARGAINS to be had! I think the one this morning had Christmas trees at 60% off & up to 70% off other Christmas. Plus, they're opened until MIDNIGHT tonight (12/23). Maybe its a good thing they're 45 minutes away.

Not sure there will be anything left after Christmas, but I'm getting a list together ~ gift bags, ribbon, maybe some cards or winter type stationery & some small novelty gifts. I found tiny Christmas cat & dog bobbles figurines one year at Hallmark for 75% off mid January.

I noticed Rite Aid has gift wrap & such at 33% off. The gift bags were cheaper earlier in the month (buy 1 get 2 free). Guess they figure we're desperate by now & will pay more if it seems to be on sale.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I stopped there early last week before Christmas and the place was cleaned out. Amazing how they are doing these deals before Christmas, rather then after. The Valentines stuff is already out some places and it's 3 days after Christmas!

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I ran inside the gas station today to get a Dt Dew and they had Cadbury Easter Eggs and Reese's Easter Eggs out in a big display. (with the tearpad coupons on them that doubles here to make them FREE.) Its still December and we have Easter Candy!!