Christmas craft with small yogurt bottles?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
In UK we have small white drinking yoghurt bottles about 3" high. Like actimel sort of stuff - with a full off foil top.

Son has just started using them and they seem too cute to just trash!

They go in at the centre like a waist and I was wondering if anyone knew of any sites etc where they show how to turn these into snowmen or santas?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm just thinking here, but if you wanted to make a Mrs. Claus you could take red construction paper and make a skirt for the bottom portion. Not sure about the shirt, but i'm sure construction paper would work just fine. Then get one of those wooden craft balls and glue it to the opening of the bottle for the head, put on a face and some hair and there ya go. Of course you can embellish it any way you want. You could do the same for a santa.

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
:bigsnow: I'm sure you could make snowmen out of them with a little quilt batting (wadding) wrapped around and glued in place. Make sure you weight the container with sand or something so they sit firm. Decorate with small buttons glued into place.

I make ghost candy containers out of plastic containers that iced tea and lemonade (Koolaid) come in. I glue a styrofoam ball to the top, and then drape glue-coated muslin over the whole thing. I make a "wash" of 1/2 white glue to 1/2 water and soak the muslin in that. Use plastic wrap underneath to keep the muslin from drying against the container. You can shape arms too. Later the top can be removed and fill the container with candy corn. I'm sure this same idea can be used with the yogurt container too but you won't be able to use them as candy jars. Maybe just decorations.

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Tha ks ever so much - I knew you ladies would have some super ideas!

Then get one of those wooden craft balls and glue it to the opening of the bottle for the head, put on a face and some hair and there ya go.
Great idea to put a ball of some sort for a head - either wood or polysterine.

So glad I found this site - now I can think of Christmas preparations ALL year round - and get lots of new ideas all the time - and great links too - thanks very much from UK.
:haha: