Christmas crate - it's magic

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I found this (for US only) and thought it was fun to look at.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
They do deliver to Canada too but $16 USD for shipping.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
What is it? Is there supposed to be a link or photo?
Never mind, I just Googled Christmas Crate and it came up with My Christmas Crate - https://www.mychristmascrate.com/.

I thought it looked like a great idea so I tried it - I think it was the year before last. I was very disappointed - I thought I posted about it on my blog but I can't find the post - anyway, it was a selection of Christmas items but rather cheap items, most made in China. I think there was a mug, a package of cocoa mix, some sort of decor item, something else. I put it all back in the box and passed it on to someone to use in a White Elephant exchange. You can see some of the past crates on the website - under the Shop drop-down box, there's an option for Available Past Crates. I don't think the items shown are worth $30.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I googled it, too, and found the same thing. I agree with Pamela.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I looked and thought the same thing Pam. It's a very cute idea if you can't get out to shop. Would be nice for someone in a nursing home.

When my niece was in college her mom ordered her a monthly fruit box from Harry and David. On the website they should all this special fruit that would be sent. My niece said usually there was a note saying they were sold out of the special kinds so substituted something you could have picked up at Walmart.

I've had the same problems with sending flowers. What I picked out was what the person received.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Yes, you really have to be careful with these subscription services. You never seem to get what you are expecting and that's when the disappointment sets in. I'm just about to order BarkBox for Spectra but I have two friends who have monthly subscriptions and they highly recommend it. All the contents are made in the USA. I'll give it a try for one month and see - she needs the SuperChewer box so I need to make sure that the toys hold up!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
oh darn! I thought it was a good thing. But $30 a month is expensive an not always what you want. I was thinking of doing that sort of box with 1 item of Christmas per month from me to me - wrapped. I'm giving it some thought. After Christmas sales would be good to purchase some stuff and make a box. I could unwrap a gift every Rudy day :)

If anyone has some ideas please share.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
oh darn! I thought it was a good thing. But $30 a month is expensive an not always what you want. I was thinking of doing that sort of box with 1 item of Christmas per month from me to me - wrapped. I'm giving it some thought. After Christmas sales would be good to purchase some stuff and make a box. I could unwrap a gift every Rudy day :)

If anyone has some ideas please share.
I love this idea! Shop the Christmas sales - find 11 items (January through November) and ask a family member to wrap and label them for each month. It will be a surprise for you each month to see which item is revealed.

Reactions: luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Exactly! and if you have 2 Christmas friends where the cost of mailing is not prohibitive or who can see each other ... you can exchange 1 item a month :)

Reactions: PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think magic box is a nice idea. I would like to do something like this for my mum.
It would also be funny to give my brother ! Christmas item a month. He is a bit of a grinch so that would be fun.

Reactions: luludou