Christmas Decor ideas for 2008

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
After driving around and admiring others' outdoor decor this year, I have some ideas I want to try:
2008 Outside:
:grin: Put some lights up in our BACK yard, so we can enjoy them -- our family room and kitchen windows face the back of the house.
:grin: Decorate the side of our house facing the street (we're on a corner). Maybe buy one of those projectors that project Christmas scenes or snowflakes?
:grin: Light the large wreath above our doorway.
:grin: Decorate the garland around the front door to match the wreath ABOVE our front door.

Inside:
:grin: I don't need to buy more decorations, but I do want to look for another prelit Christmas tree for the family room. The living room tree was so easy to put up! I really hate hanging lights.
:grin: Make 'gingerbread boy' curtains for my gingerbread/cookie themed kitchen.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Great list Holiday Joy!!

We couldn't see our lights either, so I will make sure we put some up where we can see them too!!

:happynewyear: Melanie

momof2boys

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
Next year I have a few ideas...okay a lot....but what I am going to do is set a few things that I want to do and then add onto it each year. Sooooo

1. Outdoors- more lighting on the shrubs and garland and lights around the doorways and lightpost. Outback I would like to get some robe lights and outline the deck with some garland.

2. Inside- get 2 small trees for the boy's room, I don't have a naivity scene so I would like one, I have been adding something new to my tree a little bit every year so I would like to get some red berries to add.

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
:happynewyear: Already decided on my theme for next year.
It is Heaven and Nature sing.
I want to use angels, cardnials, and nature to decorate with
Save for a small prelit tree.
put lights in my berdroom windows they are on a corner so that they can be seeen from both streets. :pink:
:globe:

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
This year I put up a Christmas tree in our bedroom-it was really
nice and relaxing-we enjoyed it a lot-will do the same next year.

WOMAN

:heartsNY:

goodpace

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Elizabeth City, NC
I'm going for lights in my back yard too. My kitchen and sunroom look out onto the back porch, deck, and yard. I have some of the old fashioned C9's and some little artificial trees with those too that I could stick in the empty flowerbed. Probably more lights on the front shrubs and the icicle lights and luminarias that I never got to this year.

:heartsNY:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
coffeenut, I may just have to steal your theme for next year -- I love it!! "Let Heaven and Nature Sing" Thanks for sharing!
This year, I had found a large sign that says "It's a Wonderful LIfe" and that was sort of my motto -- I'm leaving it up year round. But I love the idea of decorating/gifting around a theme. I thought of these boards whenever I saw the phrase 'comfort and joy' (was that Cathymac?)
:heartsNY: PS, Gingerbug, I'm loving the new smilies!!

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I bought some of the colored outdoor compact flourescent bulbs. We have 3 outdoor lights on our house so I bought 2 green and a red. I am amazed at how much color they put off and look fun.

They make them in other colors so I am going to look for some for other holiday. I think they even make ones that are blacklight for halloween.

I , in general, don't put out Christmas lights (mostly because my husband came from a family that is somewhat- anti-outdoor Christmas light- so it is one thing I gave up), but these little lightsbulbs add wuite a bit of bang for what litle work it takes to put them out! Plus- they should last forever!

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
coffeenut said:
:happynewyear: Already decided on my theme for next year.
It is Heaven and Nature sing.
I want to use angels, cardnials, and nature to decorate with
Save for a small prelit tree.
put lights in my berdroom windows they are on a corner so that they can be seeen from both streets. :pink:
:globe:

Beautiful theme idea coffeenut!

You could add stars to the theme for the Heaven part too. I have a lot of star decorations and combining them with the Angels and Nature part would be easy!

Thanks for the great idea!

pixiestick