christmas elf ideas needed for college kid

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
dd is going to be a freshman this year... the elf has been showing up at our house since she was probably 7-8? anyhow, any suggestions on what to do this year? I'd like to send something to school (I think she's going to kind of expect it and might be slightly disappointed if I didn't) and then have our elf waiting here at home for her. I was thinking of maybe having our elves (yes I admit I have multiple elves) welcome her home with a red carpet or something like that?

anyone have any ideas on what to send to school?

thanks,

maggie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh a red carpet with candy cane lights on the sides. What fun.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
When my daughter was in school...I actually mailed one of our elves to her along with some treats and then every two or three days I sent another little package, card or letter so things kept arriving until she came home for break and brought the elf with her. We have multiple elves too. :)

A Christmas Magnet
A gift card to a food place (McDonalds, Subway etc ...college kids always like to eat!)
A Christmas puzzle/word find book
Hot cocoa mix
A little red stocking with some gum tucked in it.

Those are just a few ideas and they aren't too hard to mail.

:clothes:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Othere items you could send:

Package or 2 of Keebler cookies (the ones with the picture of the elves on them)
Elf hat instad of just a regular santa hat
Elf mug for her hot cocoa
An Elf ornament
A package of Christmas cards that have an ELF on them so she can send cards to her school mates.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
YOu can also set up a email account and if you have a camera and such a youtube channel w/ the elves sending emails and maybe some funny videos of them in the house.

sloanmama

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2009
Ohio
I think the red carpet for her homecoming is a cute idea. Maybe you could send a "VIP Ticket" and some sunglasses (for the paparazzi camera flashes) as a clue to the red carpet welcome.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Wow guys...what great ideas. I might hijack some of them.