Christmas Eve basket

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Has anyone given any more thought to their Christmas Eve baskets? I am thinking that this year it will be just DH and I so I am thinking of ways to change things up. I need to research something special to watch on TV, a movie or a Christmas special, I don't want to just watch something we normally watch.
What do you do when it is just you and your SO?

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
When DH was alive and it was just us two, we'd put some Christmas music on the stereo, light a fire in the fireplace (we sometimes got some crystals or coated pinecones that caused the flames to change colors), and opened up a nice red wine. Just kicked back on the couch and relaxed, enjoyed the lights on the tree, chatted about the year gone by, what worked, what we wish was different, and what we were thinking about for the New Year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
When DH was alive and it was just us two, we'd put some Christmas music on the stereo, light a fire in the fireplace (we sometimes got some crystals or coated pinecones that caused the flames to change colors), and opened up a nice red wine. Just kicked back on the couch and relaxed, enjoyed the lights on the tree, chatted about the year gone by, what worked, what we wish was different, and what we were thinking about for the New Year.
Perfect!
That is the sort of night I am wanting.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
You can't go wrong with anything on one of the Hallmark Channels!

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Lori- That sounds wonderful!
Reminds me of the scene in A Christmas Story- my favorite scene probably ever of a Christmas movie.
The lights in the house are all off, with the Christmas tree being the only lights.
The Dad is sitting on the sofa, the mom comes in, hands him a glass of wine and they sit looking out the window where
a light snow is falling.