Christmas Favorites

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Anyone have favorite books with a Christmas theme? I love Debbie Macomber's annual Christmas books - Dashing Through the Snow, Mr. Miracle, Trading Christmas, and Starry Night are a few I have - Finding Father Christmas and Engaging Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn, and Maeve Binchy's This Year It Will Be Different. One of the first years I joined MHH, we read a book and had a discussion - I think it was Sheila Roberts' The Snow Globe. Just had a quick look on Amazon and Sheila Roberts has a lot of Christmas titles.

Reactions: HouseElf

holidayhelpelf

MHH Member
Oct 30, 2007
I also love any books with a Christmas theme, but especially love Debbie's, Sheila Roberts' books and Melody Carlson has several Christmas books I've enjoyed over the years. Also books by Donna VanLiere and many of the Amish Christmas stories.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
OHH such good titles on here. It is cold here at the moment so would enjoy snuggling in with a good book.

Reactions: HouseElf

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just ordered Gingerbread by Robert Dinsdale. Will look for more titles.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up a few books yesterday. hoping to get to bed early tonight and read.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I know this won't sound like it would be a "Christmas" read but The Wolves of Midwinter by Anne Rice is actually chock FULL of lovely Christmas imagery, a huge old house by the sea decorated to the gills, a Christmas fair, a Christmas gala and at the very end of the book one of the most touching speeches by a priest that I've ever read - brings me to tears every time!

Yes, the book is about werewolves - but it's one of my favorite things to read to get in the holiday mood!

Another favorite is a collection of short stores by Louisa May Alcott called The Christmas Treasury

https://www.amazon.com/Louisa-May-A...sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=christmas+louise+alcott

And I have to mention Skipping Christmas by John Grisham! :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Time to start looking for new Christmas titles. I have ordered one from the library called Snowflakes and Cinnamon Swirls. Need to pick it up.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Thanks...what a great list. I listen to my books, so my choices can be limited at the library, but I'll see what they have.

I still think back to reading "Skipping Christmas" for the first time and it amuses me how much I laughed out loud. I LOVED that book!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have discovered a series of Christmas books from the author Janet Dailey.
It is a series set in a town called Branding Iron, Texas and tell the story of the residents of the town. It is a series but each book does stand alone. Have a look for them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I also love any books with a Christmas theme, but especially love Debbie's, Sheila Roberts' books and Melody Carlson has several Christmas books I've enjoyed over the years. Also books by Donna VanLiere and many of the Amish Christmas stories.
I loved the Christmas Joy ride by Melody Carlson. I'll have to check out some others.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
A really quick read. Southern low-country theme inolving resolving family issues. Dorothea Benton Frank's Christmas Pearl. She includes some recipes from the story at the back, including a great fruit cake recipe.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thank you for revisiting this thread. I need to get to some Christmas/Winter reading❄️