Christmas in July 2018 - Day Eighteen

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
How to Display: Stockings.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
On the mantel above the fireplace as long as we are not having a fire. 2 of the hangers my husband bought when his marriage was over for him and my stepson. I've inherited one of those since I bought my husband a John Deere hanger. Myron and Sebastian (fur babies) each have their own with their pictures.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have stopped doing stockings. No one really cared about the work they were so I figured I would drop it and have less stress. I did have some cute brass stocking hangers.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I don't put up the stockings until Christmas Eve since we use the fireplace before Christmas. I have a wooden mantle. The stockings are attached to the mantle with thumbtacks that I keep up year round. They are at the very back of the mantle so they aren't noticeable. The stockings have a cloth loop sewn on them. I have tied a thick neutral colored yarn through the loop. That yarn gets placed around the thumbtack. As long as the thumbtack is hammered into place, all is well.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
They are hung in the LR on the closet doors with wreath holders

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
a few years ago we bought a metal stocking holder stand with 5 removal hooks for stockings.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hung on the mantle until Christmas morning. When they're filled they're usually too heavy for the stocking holders;)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We have stocking holders that sit either on a windowsill or a ledge and hold the stockings until they get filled on Christmas Eve and then they will be under the tree.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
No fireplace or mantle so I hang them on the stair banister. I am thinking this will be the last year I fill them. and will have each adult child take their's home with them after Christmas.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have a wall hanging that says "the stockings were hung" and 4 hooks so 1 for each boy and 1 for the dog. This hang on the upstairs hall wall between the boys room.
I have a collection of stocking and the boys pick 1 for the year and it changes. That said I hate filling them it's a pain and I feel like they get pushed aside (probably beverages its candy and general stuff) but I will fill them as long as they are home

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
They get put on the back of the couch Christmas Eve and once filled they are sitting on the couch. DH and mine are cross stitch ones so some years I hang them up on the wall one at each end along with the wall Christmas quilt.

Don’t fill them like I use to. DH and DS gets a couple things put into theirs but that’s it and DH sticks a couple things in mine.