Christmas in July 2018 - Day Twenty-Four

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Oops, I did it again! Wood crates was supposed to be today but I put it up yesterday so today will be yesterday's topic which is how to display pillows and throws. When Jody and I came up with the topics, I'm not sure what we were thinking with this one - usually pillows and throws are on a couch or chair - if you have a creative way to display a pillow or throw, we'd love to hear it!

Andthenjust

MHH Member
Jul 10, 2018
Uk
My kids each have a Christmas themed fleece throw which is usually draped over the back of an old wooden rocking chair we have. We have wintery cushion covers tha t are switched over in November.

Reactions: housewife2

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Looking forward to hearing some new ideas for throws and pillows. I do put a Christmas pillow on my bed and I have seen throws used as tree skirts.

Actually I wonder what a small pillow with a cute saying in a wooden crate along with either more small pillows or decorations would look like.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i have several christmas throws. i have one draped over the back of the couch a chair my bed and one for my grandson has one on his rocker

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Seasonal throws and pillows do add such coziness to a room! Couches and chairs are obvious places of course - for those that live where weather is milder could opt to use these items on rocking chairs or other similar things on their front porch.

Cute seasonal pillows can augment other pillows already on beds - would be really fun in a kids room!

You could even sneak a cute pillow that is smaller into other items arranged beneath a Christmas tree.

Several cozy throws folded and displayed in a large basket next to the fireplace would be super inviting too.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I add pillows to the couch, loveseat and chair in the living room and have a throw on the back of the chair, as well. I'm always on the lookout for inexpensive pillows or pillow covers for the holiday.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have a Christmas blanket I put on the bed and swap out a throw on the couch. That's about it. I do have a Christmas quilt I hung on the wall (where another quilt is) but have not the last few years because the one up is old and I dont like moving it.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I want to make a red and white quilt with my mom's help. Hopefully, before Christmas. I not sure how that will happen. Lots going on this fall. I will have to ask about her schedule. I love this Hunter's Star Quilt. I just need to find the pattern.