Christmas in July 2018 - Day Twenty-Two

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
How to display: Mason Jars. There were some suggestions in Perimeter Ideas (Day Sixteen) but I’m sure there are plenty of others in indoor decorating.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I love jars and bottles. I have already mentioned that I use them for tealight and pillar candleholders but I also use them for sprigs of holly, evergreens and even a broken poinsettia bloom. I have put bottlebrush trees in them and marched them across my mantle. I have used them as snowglobes with mini scenes in them. I have used them on my coffee/hot chocolate bar for creamers, peppermint stirrers, hot chocolate mix and other add ins. i have even served drinks in them! I love them!

Reactions: PamelaG

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We have light green and light blue Mason jars that I picked up a few years ago when they were being produced for the anniversary editions. I use them for drinks. I also used them to hold utensils for our parties.

If I run out of vases and glass bottles, then I'll use Mason jars to display the fresh greens.

Andthenjust

MHH Member
Jul 10, 2018
Uk
I seen a picture of somebody using jars etc to display a mixture of water/floating candles/holly. Wish I could find the pic! simple yet pretty.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I seen a picture of somebody using jars etc to display a mixture of water/floating candles/holly. Wish I could find the pic! simple yet pretty.
Google Mason Jars with Floating Candles and you might be able to find the picture.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
So many ideas!! I have my grandma's. Some are the blue, some clear with either the glass tops or the zinc lids. And they are in a box in my sewing room. They would be nice even with just fairy lights tucked in them.