Christmas in July 2018 - Day Twenty

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
How to display: Wreaths. We may have covered this on wreaths (Day 2) or Walls (how to hang things without making nail holes - Day 9) but you can list them again and we'll have them all in one spot.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I use a command hook turned upside down to hang wreaths on mirrors and cabinet doors. The hooks are hung on the back of the door (or mirror) and the wreath is hung with ribbon or jute string. For doors, I have door hangers. Last year Walmart had galvanized door hangers in their Christmas stuff. After the holidays they were marked down to 90% off and I scored about 8 for 30 cents each! On my back door I have a cast iron hook where I can hang decorations. In my kitchen, on the door leading to the laundry room I took a cast iron curtain tie back and screwed it to the door upside down. I use wreaths all year round so these are all permanent fixtures.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I use a command hook turned upside down to hang wreaths on mirrors and cabinet doors. The hooks are hung on the back of the door (or mirror) and the wreath is hung with ribbon or jute string. For doors, I have door hangers. Last year Walmart had galvanized door hangers in their Christmas stuff. After the holidays they were marked down to 90% off and I scored about 8 for 30 cents each! On my back door I have a cast iron hook where I can hang decorations. In my kitchen, on the door leading to the laundry room I took a cast iron curtain tie back and screwed it to the door upside down. I use wreaths all year round so these are all permanent fixtures.
How do you store your wreaths?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I really do need to do an inventory of my decorations (other than tree ornaments). I keep forgetting if I have wreaths or if I have decluttered them.

Reactions: Cathymac2

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I use suction cups for wreaths on the mirrors. Our front door and garage door have command hooks in place for my wreaths that hang year round. I have a huge suction cup on the back door for that wreath. DH uses fishing line and siding hooks to hang the wreaths on the windows.

I store my wreaths in their original boxes or in garbage bags, flat on the shelves in the attic.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I really do need to do an inventory of my decorations (other than tree ornaments). I keep forgetting if I have wreaths or if I have decluttered them.
Holiday Grand Plan has some great printables for Holiday Decor and Holiday Inventory - you could make a page for your wreaths.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I use a metal wreath holder on our front door. Inside the house, I take down a wall picture in our family room and hang a wreath in it's place. I also hang wreaths from the lantern lights that flank each side of the garage.

I store the garage wreaths on hooks in the garage. I store the other wreaths on hooks in the basement.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I use the over the door hangers. In my bathroom there is a nail that I use to hang everything on as I change out seasons. My wreaths are stored in garment bags on hangers in my sewing room.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have done like Cathy as far as using a hook upside down on the backside of the door and then using ribbon over the top of the door to hang the wreath on the other side. I have also found magnetic wreath hangers to use on the front of the door and hung my wreaths with those. However, our door here is not metal so I can't use those this year. I have also bought the actual wreath hangers that hook to the top of the door. I just put my wreaths in my totes on top of my decorations. They aren't fragile and store fine that way.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I use the frog brand suction cups on door glass and mirrors to hang most of our wreaths. The two very large ones that go up in the arched window are hung with fishing line from an eye hook DH screwed into the top of the window.

I have a LOT of wreaths because I like them for all seasons, holidays, etc. I have four nice wreath totes I scored from the clearance aisle at Walmart one year - $3.50 each!!!

The rest of them I "hang" on hangers and put on the clothing rack part of the shelves I have in my North Pole storage area upstairs. I use a piece of wire or extra long twist tie (saved from new packages of lights!) to make a little hanger for the wreath that can slip over the neck of the clothes hanger.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
9ff season they are in a hog box with the porch Garland. On the house windows I have a plain wreath I hand with a wire. We put command hooks above the windows and they are still there (9ish yrs ago) I'm surprised they are still up.

On the front and side door I have the over the door hook. I dont really have any in the house. I have 1 jingle bell wreath that hangs on a nail.