Christmas in July 2019 - Day Eighteen

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Your hygge take on sheet music. Not sure there's too much to add to the discussion on Day Five but maybe someone thought of something else?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I saw a 3 inch wide white candle wrapped in sheet music. I think some red ribbon or jute wrapped around it would look nice.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
The idea of Hygee is "cultivating experiences, moments and spaces in your life and home that restore rejuvenate and fulfill you.

I looked up the elements of a Hygee lifestyle and there are 6 Togetherness, Light, Food and Drink, Clothing, Home Decor, and Wellness.Since we have pretty much covered decor, and light and food is the theme is for next week when we discuss the Kitchen let's look at another element of Hygee that can add to happiness.

Clothing: think clothing, bulky sweaters, sweat pants, oversize scarfs and fluffy socks, warm mittens and hats. It is about layers and the bigger, the better. Think about the warmth you'll feel as you go shopping for you Christmas tree fresh garland, and wreath in the snow. Taking a long walks with your loved ones at night to see the neighbors outdoor decorations. If I recall from reading the book the Danes do not drive much. They are most likely to be seen riding bikes, and walking to work and social events after work. So the clothing does play a big part.

For us, our clothing may be centered around pictures, office parties, and church activities. How does clothing play a role in your Holiday season?

DH and I can usually go to our closet and pull out something to wear. I have a couple of options that are perfectly suitable for the occasions we attend during the holidays.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Remembering that Christmas for us is in the Summer.
About November I start looking for a new outfit and this will be my Christmas outfit for the whole season. I wear it to DrillDance dinner, DH work party(if invited), my work party and then at Mum's for Christmas day. As none of the people I know overlap at these events nobody sees the outfit more than once. I generally go for something that is longer, like a maxi dress that I can wear with strappy sandals. I normally look for something with sleeves.

I still like the idea of dressing up for Christmas but also being comfortable in the heat.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Mmmmmm....winter clothing - I love it!

I have a large selection of winter dresses and skirts that get paired with black tights and tall boots...that is work attire and can always enlist one of those dresses, etc. for a party.

When I host a party I make sure I plan something sleeveless - because I'm running around, putting things in the oven, taking them out, it gets HOT.

I love layering a traditional button up shirt under a thin V neck sweater - like a grey shirt with a cream sweater - maybe adding ropes of pearls on top.

For casual wear I go the jeans route with sweaters or one of my Notre Dame sweatshirts :) I also like the pajama pants at Target - the Gillian O'Malley line I think - they are soft and thin and oh so cozy. Great for lounging around the house!

Reactions: luludou and PamelaG