Christmas in July 2019 - Day Ten

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Advent Calendars for adults - the non-food/drink variety. Last year, I bought Yankee Candle's Advent calendar. It contained a festive votive holder and a variety of votives and tealights in holiday scents. It was really lovely but I did find it hard to open the little windows and pop the votives and tealights out - they were really tightly packed into the inside plastic tray - my cuticles suffered quite badly from the experience!

I watch a lot of Vlogmas videos on You Tube and there are all kinds of beauty Advent calendars - they range from relatively inexpensive to very pricey but if you like to try new beauty products or have an older teen who is getting into cosmetics and toiletries, it's a great gift.

Socks is another great one although most of the ones I saw were only 12-day varieties. You could certainly make your own with 12 or 24 pairs of socks, especially if you collect the holiday ones throughout the year.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've made my own for the past few years. I put a slip of paper in my advent calendar pouch with things I love…
Christmas movie night, read a Christmas magazine, a yoga bedtime routine, closing the tv and watching the Christmas lights in the tree with some Christmas music on, a chocolate, a Christmas tea, Reading before bedtime, etc...

Reactions: PamelaG

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This is the first time I'm learning about these types of calendars. Thanks for sharing!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've seen tea, jam, perfume or jewelry advent calendars.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've done so many over the years for my daughter. Last year was kinda new because she's married, so I did advent for her and 12 days for him. I see stuff I know she'll like throughout the year so by the time Christmas comes there's too much to really put under the tree so it's a good way to give her that stuff. Some are bigger, but alot of times it's weird little lings like pink and white washcloths I got on clearance and know she'd like in her bathroom or an embroidery book I found at the thrift store. Some years I'll just find a countdown piece of scrapbook paper and use that along with a color scheme. Other years I've included thing she actually has to read or physically move for a countdown. In other words I never do the same thing twice really. I think at some point though I'd like to make her a really nice advent as a family hand me down type of gift. One I know she'll want to use for a long time.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Liking some of these ideas. I think that my mum would like an adult advent calendar. Might look on youtube and see what is there.