Christmas in July 2019 - Day Twenty-Nine

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Tell us about your favorite ornament.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I have two favorites that I'll typcially hang close to each other. The first one is a gold and green ball ornament, decorated with holly and "Our First Christmas" -- I'm guessing a Hallmark ornament, dating to 1979, the first Christmas my husband and I were married. The second is a New Home 2016 ornament that my daughter gave me, when I celebrated my first Christmas in my townhome, two years after my husband passed away. This was a major milestone for me, leaving our first home of 35 years and really stepping out on my own. Lots of memories flow when I decorate for Christmas!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I have two favorites that I'll typcially hang close to each other. The first one is a gold and green ball ornament, decorated with holly and "Our First Christmas" -- I'm guessing a Hallmark ornament, dating to 1979, the first Christmas my husband and I were married. The second is a New Home 2016 ornament that my daughter gave me, when I celebrated my first Christmas in my townhome, two years after my husband passed away. This was a major milestone for me, leaving our first home of 35 years and really stepping out on my own. Lots of memories flow when I decorate for Christmas!
I know what you mean, Lori, I had about five favorites! I love that there are so many ornament options for commemorating the milestones in our lives. It takes me forever to decorate the tree because of all the memories associated with the ornaments.

Just realized that I didn't put my favorite here - there's a photo on my blog but it's Our First Christmas Together 1992 from the year Vic and I met and got engaged.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Long time ago I had a crafting session with a friend and made a stuffed felt ornament of a snowman. Still have it - use it every year - love it!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My favourite is a wooden ornament. It is of two bears and they are holding a red heart. It is from DH and my first Christmas in 1986 and it goes in the same place every year, right at the top of the tree.
There are dozens of ornaments that I like but that one is my favourite.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My nun ornament. Years ago I worked at a hospital. One of the nurses was pushing me to order a handmade ornament from her. She said she could make anything. A nun just popped into my head figuring she would turn me down. And that’s the story of how I started collecting nuns. Still only have one nun ornament.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Can you believe that I don't have a favorite ornament? I never even thought of it until I read the question for today. I think it is because I don't decorate the tree. The children decorate the tree with their ornaments and then they fill in any empty spaces with store bought ball ornaments.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've got lots of favorites. I think my first Santa ornament I bought with my work money is my most favorite of all.

Reactions: PamelaG