Christmas in July 2019 - Day Twenty-One

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I have a bunch of old cookie cutters from the sixties/seventies maybe? They are a red plastic that you use by pressing down on the dough. They leave an imprint in the dough. I have other ones that are probably from the fifties or earlier. I used to get old cookie cutters for gifts. They are so much fun to use.

I love those old cookie cutters too!!! I have a collection gathered from various garage sales :)

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Your cookie selection sounds wonderful. Wish I lived closer and was on your list of cookie gift recipients :).
I bake an assortment of cookies every December for food gifts and for us. I usually split this into two, one earlier in the month and one closer to Christmas. I do the food gifts earlier before people might bake for themselves and then ours later, closer to Christmas. I typically bake the same things but may add in something new to try. So far I haven't found anything new that has been good enough to add to the annual rotation that I can remember anyway. I typically stick to sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, peanut blossoms, peanut butter balls, oreo balls, peanut butter fudge, sometimes peppermint bark for gifts, snickerdoodles....I think there is more but I can't remember at the moment.

Since we don't really get cold here in the winter I don't typically do any special foods in the month of December as a whole aside from the sweets.

Every time I have a peanut blossom I think about you! Your recipe was the first time I had ever heard of it!!

Reactions: PamelaG