Christmas in July 2019 Themes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Week One: July 1-6 An Upcycle Christmas (upcycle is the concept of recycling or reusing things you already have)
Decor
Gifts
Cards
Gift wrapping
Sheet music/Book pages

Week Two: July 7-13 Advent
For Kids
For Adults
Alternative - Jesse Tree, etc
Filling the Calendar - Food and Non-food

Week Three: July 14-20 Hygge Christmas Style (Hygge (pronounced Hoo-ga) loosely translates as a sense of comfort, togetherness and well-being) *
Categories similar to Upcycle Christmas

Week Four: July 21-27 Christmas in the Kitchen
Christmas Menus
Baking
Baking tips
What freezes well
Family favorites/ traditions

The final days will feature daily themes:

July 28 The ABCs of Christmas - can you come up with your family's version of A to Z?
July 29 Your favorite ornament
July 30 Memories of Christmases Past, A Walk Down Memory Lane
July 31 Wrap It All Up - How Did you Enjoy CIJ 2019?

* There are lots of Hygge resources out there - I highly recommend The Little Book of Hygge, Danish Secrets to Happy Living by Meik Wiking.

High five to Miss JoDee for coming up with the awesome weekly guidelines and for reaching out to me after my absence to remind me that Christmas in July is coming.....

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Love these themes!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still deciding whether or not to do CIJ this year......looking at these themes it looks like it will be great.

Reactions: Lana and Minta

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Love the themes. Will be fun (and here before we know it).
i wouldn't mind doing a dinner. I decorate in red white and blue for summer. I guess I could do a red, white and blue theme Christmas.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Printed the themes!!

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I’m in sounds fun, this years Christmas is going to be awesome, all 8 of my daughters family will be here. I don’t know where I’m going to stick them but it will be a blast trying.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Sounds like a Christmas movie in the making... :p

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I’m in sounds fun, this years Christmas is going to be awesome, all 8 of my daughters family will be here. I don’t know where I’m going to stick them but it will be a blast trying.
One of the best Christmases I have ever had was a few years after my dad had passed. All my brothers and sisters and their families met at our mum's house.
We had kids doubling up in beds and we had boys in the back yard in tents (summer here). There was a lot of laughter and just a good vibe. My kids still talk about it now and that was about 18 years ago.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I'm so torn about the Harry Potter tree topper. It's ridiculously expensive but I just love it. Buy it - don't buy it - buy it - don't buy it....I don't know what to do!!!

Reactions: luludou