Christmas in July 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
We've all been about plenty of notice lately - planning is paramount in these COVID-19 times whether it is for menus, using up freezer and pantry supplies, trips to the grocery store, homeschooling, coordinating our students at home tele-schooling, or other things that need to be done with advance planning. So, why not add Christmas in July to that list?

That being said, has anyone been really thinking about it enough to want to take the lead on this year's plans? I've had one person step forward with the understanding that there may be others who are interested so here's your chance - please let me know by Friday, May 15 and we'll go from there. For anyone who is new, we usually split the month into weeks and publish a list of questions or suggested topics around a weekly theme. You can look back on previous years to get an idea. Most active members check in daily or weekly as we usually put up a new thread at the start of each week and then daily during the week. You can blog or vlog through CIJ and ut up a link if you like. It's a lot of fun to read everyone's plans, thoughts, and hopes for the holiday season this year.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I was all in for a Christmas in July party this year and even bought supplies at Christmas because I decided on a theme then. Well this virus hits and I almost cancelled not knowing what to expect or if I should have my family and friends over. Well my nieces graduation has been moved to July 24th, so I know my daughter will be home for sure then over the CIJ weekend. Soooo the party is back on...even if it's just us!!!! But I'm hoping it will be something others can come to as well. It's going to be gingerbread themed!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I was all in for a Christmas in July party this year and even bought supplies at Christmas because I decided on a theme then. Well this virus hits and I almost cancelled not knowing what to expect or if I should have my family and friends over. Well my nieces graduation has been moved to July 24th, so I know my daughter will be home for sure then over the CIJ weekend. Soooo the party is back on...even if it's just us!!!! But I'm hoping it will be something others can come to as well. It's going to be gingerbread themed!
Can't wait to hear all about it!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Soooo the party is back on...even if it's just us!!!! But I'm hoping it will be something others can come to as well. It's going to be gingerbread themed!

I'm thinking if we can get into the next phase of reopening by mid July, I'd like to have my siblings over for a Christmas in July Party. I'm not sure we'll get to spend time together in December. Currently, we're suppose to spend a week with dh's family in July. If that is still on, I'm going to suggest that we have a Christmas theme that week.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
How fun! Maybe the kids and I will have a CIJ party one day in July!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
anyone attending the hallmark ornament premire. its here this weekend?
Where's the emoji for raising your hand? Me, me, me!! I have an appointment to pick up my ornaments on Sunday, couldn't go on Saturday because I'm waiting for a delivery - one of those we'll be there between 9am and 9pm.

Reactions: housewife2

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
anyone attending the hallmark ornament premire. its here this weekend?

I am not attending this year, and it will be the first time I haven't in many years. I did not get my Wishlist in and I am going to take my chances with ordering online. I don't have many "must have" ornaments this year. My local Hallmark store went out of business about 7 years ago, they used to go all out... costumes, treats, raffles, etc... and I miss the joy of the event. The next closest store that is now "my store" has never done much above and beyond a normal day of business. Please report back how your Ornament Premieres go!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I am not attending this year, and it will be the first time I haven't in many years. I did not get my Wishlist in and I am going to take my chances with ordering online. I don't have many "must have" ornaments this year. My local Hallmark store went out of business about 7 years ago, they used to go all out... costumes, treats, raffles, etc... and I miss the joy of the event. The next closest store that is now "my store" has never done much above and beyond a normal day of business. Please report back how your Ornament Premieres go!
I, too, have had some amazing local Hallmark stores that went all out for the Premiere. The current one is meh. A couple of the staff are just downright unhelpful and that really spoils it. This year I filed my Wish List online and they called me with an appointment time for pick up because they are limiting the number of people in the store. My ornament collection is huge so I'm trying to limit my purchases to a few collections - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation ornament for my husband, Harry Potter for our daughter, the annual dog ornament, and a couple of others. I used to buy a whole slew of the Disney ornaments, the craftsmanship is always so beautiful, but I just don't have room any longer.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i didnt get the wish list in . im trying to decide to go or not. i have a lot of oraments. yes it has changed several of the stores have closed. i loved it when they did the midnite showing . everyone was so excited but it has changed.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
i didnt get the wish list in . im trying to decide to go or not. i have a lot of oraments. yes it has changed several of the stores have closed. i loved it when they did the midnite showing . everyone was so excited but it has changed.
I loved the midnight showing. It was fun. They last several years I’ve hardly bought anything. I have way too much already!

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
I never had a midnight showing near me but I bet it was amazing to attend one! I know that the July Premiere is probably a hectic day for the employees but I wish they knew how much I look forward to it. I found the contents of the gift bag for Platinum Members online and there isn’t anything that I truly want in it. I don’t always qualify for the bag ahead of time and receive the postcard mailer anyhow, but they sometimes have extras that they will give out if I meet the spending threshold. I have cut back in my spending in ornaments too, I mainly focus on the Peanuts ornaments and other items, the last few years have had a lot of Peanuts merchandise. Any updates from your Premiere would be appreciated!