Christmas in July 2022 - Day Eight Put it on the Table - Winter

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Thank you, @farmerswife, for mentioning Between Naps on the Porch, Susan's site is amazing for tablescape ideas for any holiday or season. Her blog has a search function so you can enter a particular word to come up with tablescape ideas. I've also used Google searches to come up with ideas, especially home décor sites that have great photos and all the components listed so you can recreate the tablescape at a fraction of the cost.

The one I'm sharing today is a winter tablescape. Perhaps you want something a little different than the usual red and green settings for Christmas, something a little more neutral.

Winter Snowfall Tablescape.jpg

https://eleganthomebeauty.com/products/winter-snowfall-tablescape-set?varian.

I don't think any of us would rush right out and spend $500+ on the items featured but looking around the house, or perhaps at the local craft store, you can recreate something very similar. I can remember my Mum buying a bag of white snow-like cotton to put under her display of Santa in his sleigh. That would be an inexpensive alternative to the fur runner as would any white fabric and a bit of glitter. The deer family might take a little more creativity to recreate but I have seen similar items at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Might be an idea to look out for them on sale this year for a tablescape like this next year. The greenery running down the center of the table is easy to recreate with a garland or if you access to the real thing, that would be beautiful. A few pine cones and some white and green round ornaments would add the finishing touches. Candles would be easy to source, you might even have some hurricanes on hand, just add white pillar candles. The snowball ornaments at each place setting could be the round plastic ornaments that come out at the holidays (or just before when items needed to make holiday ornaments come out in the craft stores). The white tree design looks easy to recreate with acrylic paint and then add a little greenery pick on top. PIcks could be fashioned into napkin rings for white napkins. Any white china would work and I've seen colored glasses at the dollar store. Keep your eye out for green ones and perhaps blue or red for patriotic tablescapes.

Finally, the rustic pine wood tree slice chargers. What a novel idea! This would be a great idea for the woodworker or handyman in the family to find a log of the right diameter to slice into these chargers or you could easily replace with chargers from the craft store - I don't recall seeing ones that look like wood but I have some brown ones that would work just as well.

If you want some inspiration for storing your tablescape supplies, check out this post: https://betweennapsontheporch.net/t...-flatware-napkin-rings-napkins-and-glassware/ - how amazing would that be to have that many supplies on hand for beautiful tablescapes.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Very beautiful!
This has inspired me to create a table scape for January.
When all of Christmas has been put away but we are still in need of something beautiful and comforting.
It is very hard to go from everything decorated to nothing again.
This is the perfect solution to combat this!

Also would be very beautiful for Christmas. If I went that route, I could just leave it up through January.

I'm drooling over those cabinets.

Thank you for sharing.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So, pretty. Love the wood chargers. I checked out the great links as well. Cool!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
How pretty. We will be sweltering here after Christmas so I will dream of these beautiful scenes.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I often use this color scheme as it works with Hanukkah as well as Christmas.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I bet you could find some large wine glasses at the thrift store to use in lieu of the hurricanes. Might need to use tea lights or votive candles, but I bet it would work (especially if you need to size it to a smaller table). You can also get snow in a spray can around the holidays, too. Or, maybe a light spray of white paint? Great ideas!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm a dish addict!! I do not need to keep looking at her blog!!