Christmas in July Day 6

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Let's share Christmas Boo-boos.....what funny "wrong" thing have you ever done at Christmas?

One year I forgot to put two presents under the tree and didn't discover it for two days....LOL

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Year before last, I tried to make chicken and dumplings. I opted to use canned biscuits and the whole thing was a disaster. Needless to say, we had a great laugh as my BF was secretly feeding them to the dogs under the table..hahahaha After that, I learned how to make dumplings from scratch.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
One year about 8 or 9 years ago I forgot to put sugar in the pumpkin pies .... thankfully I also made a couple apple pies so dessert was not a complete disaster.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
A while back I made a double batch of peanut butter chocolate chip quick bread for a holiday party. I made them as mini loaves, cooled them, even put some away in the freezer for another time.

Then I opened the microwave to see the sticks of butter that I had
"softened" in order to mix them into the recipe.

That was a really embarrassing moment. LOL

I've only told you guys though. :)

Needless to say, we had something else in place of that recipe at the party. Come to think of it, I've never attempted to make it again since. he he

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
This is a real oldie. 45 years ago, I had ordered the neates purse from Spiegel. It was on back order and suppose to be in by Thanksgiving. It didn't come and didn't come, so with all my 16 year old maturity, I wrote a really hot letter to customer service and mailed it on Christmas eve. That night, I recieve one more gift than anybody else, it was my purse, when it came in, Mother wrapped it up to surprise me. I had then had to write an apology letter to Spiegel. My mother was the real deal. Many years later, she was making a robe for my 13 year old son. He was hanging around her house and she couldn't sew. She convinced him it was for Dad and he helped her sew the band around the front of it. Boy was he surprised when he opened it. He tried to talk to Grandma quietly to say she had put the wrong tag on that package. By the way, he was a 13 year old string bean and Dad was XXL. Good memories.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
GrammyK love the story about your boy & grandpa :)

I remember the 'tourtière' (meat pie) slipping from my hands when the whole family was here and dropping it on my brother in law's back.... good thing I had many more done! and I washed his clothes & the floor too (it was all slippery with the meat grease).