Christmas in July Day 7

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Wow.....July is flying by!

Today let's think trees.....how many do you put up? And where?

:tree:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I for one am glad. This heat has been putting a serious damper on my holiday spirits. I'm just getting power restored after it went out last Friday due to a freak storm that seem to come out of nowhere. Had to stay in a hotel because the heat in my apartment was unbearable. Didn't even celebrated 4th of July.

Thinking of trees sounds like a great idea. The smell of pine trees after it rains.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We put up 4 trees, soon to be 5 since Eli is old enough now to have his own. There's our main tree, a kitchen tree, and then DD and DS each have their own.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Aggy glad you got your power back.

I put up one big one in the living room and a small one in the kitchen.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I put up one in the living room and also one in the kitchen. I want to add one in dh's office and one in the craft room this year.

LetItSnow

Retire Member
Aug 13, 2010
We put up a full sized tree in our living room and a tabletop one in the boys' bedroom. That's all I can handle with a two year old in the house!

sunshine

Retire Member
Jun 23, 2008
Wow.....July is flying by!

Today let's think trees.....how many do you put up? And where?

:tree:

Generally only one - a large tree in the living room, in front of the south window. Sometimes I might put up a "tree" of some sort in the yard or on the open front porch.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have the main one in the living room, full size on the back screened porch, small one in the kitchen on top of a cabinet and one in the upstairs hall for the boys.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
In the past I had a tree in every room, bathrooms included. Last year I only had a large one in the livingroom and two narrow trees flanking my china cabinet in the diningroom. I'm just now working on my decorating plans for this year so I'm not sure how many or little trees I will have. :)

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Last year I just had the small kid's tree - all unbreakable!

This year I'm putting the kid's tree in the toy room. It's very girly - lots of butterflies and fairys :)

The large tree will be going up (feeling brave this year!) in the living room. I will be getting new decorations for it, but am thinking the colours will be silver/gold/berry red. Not 100% sure yet.

I would also like to buy another tree this year. Not necessarily put it up as I will most likely get it in the sales. Will either be for the master bedroom (blue/silver theme) or for the bathroom (pearl/white/cream/gold sort of colours). Will see what I find :)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
large family tree in main living room. large disney tree in family room downstairs. 1 barbie small 4t pink barbie tree in my daughters room and one small tree in the dining room.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
This heat has me completely batty because I totally misread the post.

I put up 9 trees. One outside my front door, on the balcony, bathroom, kitchen, both bedrooms, diningroom, kitchen, the main tree and usually a smaller one in the livingroom. This year, there may only be eight since I've rearranged my livingroom. I may only have the main tree in there this year.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We put up one large one in the living room and I have three mini ones that go in other areas of the house....the computer room, the kitchen, and the bathroom. We used to put one in each of the bedrooms, but stopped doing that quite a number of years ago.

I need to decide what the theme and colors will be for this year.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
We have a big tree in the living room and then two smaller ones somewhere else - they used to flank the entertainment center but I'm thinking they might go on either side of the front door this year because at our new house, there are perfect spots for them.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This year I think I will do two "big" trees, our tall skinny tree and 2-3 tabletop trees.

So, 5-6 total.

The main tree goes in our living room, and I will put another full size tree on the enclosed sunroom porch...

I think the skinny prelit tree with unbreakable ornaments only can make an appearance in our upstairs living room this year. The first year that room will have had a tree since DS was born!

Then a tabletop tree in one bathroom, in our room and possibly in DS's room. But he is tall enough now that I am thinking we may skip this year. I can see him pulling it right off his dresser!!!

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
Two -- one at work, one at home. Work is decorated with Nevada type stuff -- silver ornaments, pine cones, mini cowboy stuff, neon colored lights.
Home is in livingroom, decorated in white and gold with angel motif ornaments.