Christmas In July - July 19, 2021 - Food Related Crafts!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

To show our love at Christmas, many of us turn to food gifts. Today we’ll play around with ideas on this. Thinking outside the cookie tin, so to speak! LOL

One really nice thing about food based gifts is that they are consumable! They won’t add to clutter, have to be stored, etc. For some people on our lists, that is just ideal! The person that “has it all”! The person already struggling to downsize and get rid of extra things they have!

Some fun crafty things you can do around gifts of food:​

Christmas Aroma on Your Stove Packets

One Sheet Wonder 4 Tea & Cookie Gift Boxes You Will Want to Make

Delivery Driver Gifts

Santa Elf Gifts

Reindeer Noses - There are sweet gifts for the person you want to acknowledge but can’t afford a “big” gift. Or as a lower cost stocking stuffer option? Or depending on space you have, an Advent calendar filler?

Jam Packed - How sweet is this tag? This gift could stand on its own (neighbor, etc.) or be tucked into a gift basket of breakfast themed items...
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/190769734195450513/

Santa Milk Bottle Filled with Hershey’s Kisses
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/190769734196659983/

Hershey Bar Emergency
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/190769734186887110/

Pocket Potholders + Baking Mix - For those of us that are Cricut or Silhouette owners, these potholders are simple to create - in any design/saying you can think of!!! Pick up the potholder from Dollar Store or order online if you can’t find the ones with the pockets.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/190769734203717582/

What are some of the ways you’ve crafted to enhance or compliment your food gifting?

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I used to do coffee mugs with a couple of packages of homemade instant hot chocolate mix and mini marshmallows in snack-sized ziplocks, along with a couple of chocolate-dipped plastic spoons. Depending on who the gift was for, I might choose Christmas-themed mugs, or some other design that matched the person's personality and interests. If non-Christmas mug, I'd tie some curling ribbon or rafia around the handle to add some holiday cheer.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Cute ideas for food gifting!

I've been giving out hot chocolate packets and Pepperidge Farm cookies in a brown paper lunch bag. I use what ever cute cloth ribbon I either have from last year or recently purchased because I just "had" to. ;) I fold the lunch bag down and hole punch two holes then thread the ribbon through it. Once that's done, I hole punch the gift tag which is typically a bit more extravagant looking, thread that through and then tie a bow or knot. It will look something like the one pictured below.

1626720351277.png

The other thing I like to do is use baskets that I may have found at a thrift store or on sale at the craft store and put themed food in there. I usually wrap a large wired ribbon around the basket. I arrange the food according to height. If the food needs to be elevated, then I use packing paper from Amazon packages. I also use glue dots to hold the food in place. I like to add artificial floral picks to the basket. If it is fall, then I will use artificial acorn/flower pick or maybe a little pumpkin. If it is Christmas, I like to use greenery and maybe some gold or silver highlights. Then I use the the shrink wrap bag and hair dryer. Once that is done, I add a big bow to the basket. It would look something like the picture below.

1626721882142.png

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
great ideas thanks anyone done any shopping for christmas this month?
I've done a little bit but feel a bit behind at this stage. Hoping to get going very soon.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am doing a cooking basket for my DFSIL. I have a lovely red felt basket that I got on clearance for 50c. I am filling it with pasta, pasta sauce, different specialty salts, jars of herbs, olive oil and an olive oil spray and a few other items. I hope he enjoys it.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I love these ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Annie

Reactions: Ahorsesoul