Christmas In July - July 23, 2021 - Scrapbooking & Paper Crafts!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
This is a day devoted to a topic near and dear to my heart!!! Working with paper is so fun and there are so many things you can do!

NOTE: A very BIG thank you to MissJoDee for posting this thread up for me while we are on a last minute mini vacation to Santa Claus, IN!

Scrapbooking

In this category we can definitely think about scrapbooking our own Christmas photos and memories! Would love to see photos of pages that folks have done if anyone is willing to share!

But you can also utilize scrapbooking skills on gift projects - I’ve made decorative divider tabs/cover inserts for recipe binders that were hugely well received. I printed a bunch of my recipes and put them in clear plastic page providers for the binders. Here is a link to photos of some of what I did:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/albums/72157713686478141

Another possible option is to create a mini Christmas planning binder - either for yourself or a friend - once again using the divider tabs as a place to let scrapbooking skills shine.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/albums/72157714993252547

Paper Crafts

Paper themed crafts can definitely find their way into your to do list for Christmas!

Assemble a set of homemade greeting cards for assorted purposes and gift with some postage stamps and a really nice pen

Paper Ornaments

Paper Garland

Paper Christmas Countdown (Advent) Chains

Homemade gift tags

Little Paper Christmas Trees

Here is an idea for the person that has everything - Photo Explosion Boxes - I’m dying to try making one of these. SO many clever ideas! I am planning on picking up the posterboard needed at the $ store!

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Jody, those are absolutely a work of art!!! And as a gift.....that would help someone who doesn't like to cook.......want to pull those out to cook!!!

Thanks for sharing.....

Laurie
word for 2021 JOY

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Jody - beautiful work!

I have a Chrismukkah album that I add to each year. It starts at DS's first holiday and, while it misses some years, continues to the present time. Every year, at Hanukkah and at Christmas, when I have friends over, I take it out and they always marvel at how everyone has changed. It's a lot of fun to see the reactions.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
AJ, those binders are really nice.

I have used Christmas scrapbook paper for decorating plain brown/red/green paper bags, making gift tags, cards and gift card holders. (I've taken apart enclosed gift card holders and opened them up to use as a template. )

The explosion card looks really cool. It reminds me of the lap books that my dc and I use to make when we homeschooled.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
This post was written by Aunt Jamelle. I wish I could take credit. She asked me to post it for her I will be posting for her tomorrow as she is on vacation. Annie will be hosting next week. Our weekly hosts have done a wonderful job. Don’t you agree?

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Great job ladies!!!

Im not much of a scrap booker person. That said I did make 2 books for my son one year for Christmas. I had a big box of stuff from when he played hockey. I had saved everything especially when he was on the travel team. It was my first and only attempt. It turned out nice (not to mention all that stuff is out of my house). My cousin Anna has been doing pages for me for Christmas gift the last couple years. She does a great job. In fact she just came back from a weekend scrap book retreat.
That explosion box looks like fun. Going to add that to my to do list.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have never really gotten into scrapbooking (much to my DH relief). Seeing some of these ideas make me want to try it though.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
As someone who LOVES to scrapbook I just want to say I love this post. LOL