Christmas in July Preview

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Christmas in July is almost here. I have talked with Pamela G and told her I would be willing to take the lead in hosting this year. Taking a clue from discussions already taking place regarding Christmas 2020 and my own curiosities, I have come up with many questions to discuss during the month. Each Sunday I will post a list of discussion questions for all to participate in during the week. Here is a sneak preview:
July 1-4 Christmas Present and Past
July 5-11 Christmas and Covid-19
July 12-18 Gift Giving
July 19-24 Christmas DIY’s
July 25 Rudy Day Lots to can be accomplished
July 26-31 New Year’s Planning

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am so excited. We were talking about putting our large Santa in the living window in July. If I can find a Hawaiian shirt he can wear all the better. Well, us ladies were taking about it, Dh was just rolling his eyes.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I took Friday July 24th off so I can have a long Rudy Day weekend in July - I know we'll make making Salt Dough Ornaments and garlands for sure. Probably some extra shapes that I will turn into magnets too.

We will have to watch a Christmas movie for sure!

Love the weekly themes!!! It's right around the corner guys!!! :D

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am so excited. We were talking about putting our large Santa in the living window in July. If I can find a Hawaiian shirt he can wear all the better. Well, us ladies were taking about it, Dh was just rolling his eyes.
LOL! This whole thing made me laugh. :)

I'm looking forward to this, Jody.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am so excited to be a part of CIJ. I feel that we need something festive and fun to concentrate on right now.
I have a few ideas of my own in my planner, mostly prep things but am looking forward to adding more.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Something fun to look forward too! I like the idea you put the Covid problem in there... we will probably all have to deal with what is coming up with that

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Agreed, Lucie!

I'm HOPING there will be a vaccine before the holidays but the earliest they hope for that - if all the stars align - is January :(

Things could be very different this year...but discussion and getting our minds prepped for the different possibilities is a good thing I think!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I never get the first rounds of a vaccine until it's out for awhile. Especially this time. They are rushing a little to fast for me. I'll let them experiment on other people. I am not worried about when I get the virus. I'll get it sooner or later.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Things could be very different this year...but discussion and getting our minds prepped for the different possibilities is a good thing I think!
I agree that the future looks a little uncertain and it is wise to have a plan in place for a different kind of holiday season. My planner will have both traditional and Covid plans in it.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Looking forward to reading the ideas in this thread. My birthday falls in the week of the COVID part of the discussion. I was telling my DD & DGD right after last Christmas that Christmas 2020 was going to be different we would be doing new things. How little did I know what I was saying...

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Jody and I had so much discussion back and forth via e-mail that I completely missed posting on this thread. Yes, I'm with all of you, can't wait for CIJ 2020 and interested to hear everyone's thoughts on how they see this holiday season.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi there, everyone. I doubt anyone remembers me, but it's Chris, formerly from AZ, now in TN. It's been a while since I've posted, but I saw there were changes coming up via the update and I sure don't want to be deleted. I don't post, but I do come back year after year, to 'catch up' with everyone and see what you are all doing. I love all the Christmas in July posts, never miss a one--In fact, I look forward to them every year-- and I love to see the creativity on the crafting threads. This year is so strange and I've felt myself drawn back here more often, visiting with my Christmas forum friends. I love the themes and I'm looking forward to July. Anyway,howdy, y'all.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Hey Chris, welcome back and what a perfect time with Christmas in July only a few days away. Looking forward to hearing all your holiday plans - we have a lot to think about in these challenging times. Hope you and your family are staying healthy!

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Thank you, Pamela. Our family is all hale and healthy and loving summer. We're actually in Kansas at the moment, visiting with a dear friend. She lost her sweet husband-also a very close friend- 2 weeks ago and we were unable to come see him due to the covid restrictions and the requirements for the kids' homeschool. I was heartbroken to miss seeing him but I am so thankful he's with Jesus now and I will see him again. We will be home on Tuesday, just in time for CIJ. Focusing on Christmas plans is just what I need right now.

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
I never get the first rounds of a vaccine until it's out for awhile. Especially this time. They are rushing a little to fast for me. I'll let them experiment on other people. I am not worried about when I get the virus. I'll get it sooner or later.
I agree with you, ugh I sure pray it's safe for all those who decide to be test subjects.