Christmas is July

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
It's time to start thinking about CHRISTMAS in JULY.....our month long MHH celebration!

The last week of June, I will activate the Christmas in July forum so you can re-read some of the things from last year if you are interested....

I am considering doing some weekly themes this year to provide us with a framework for activities and such....I am wondering what you think of that....and if you have any theme ideas we might use....

For example Sweet Candy Christmas ....

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
My D-Sis and I were just talking about CIJ yesterday, and discussing what we want to make for CIJ Dinner, what movies to watch and activities we could do with the boys.

I think a theme idea would be wonderful and the Sweet Candy Christmas sounds great to me! I found a pattern for crocheted Ribbon Candy ornaments that I was planning to make for this year's ornaments and am sure I could find other crocheted Christmas candy to turn into ornaments. Oh now the thoughts are flying through my head on the whole themed Christmas lol!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Count me in, too! I have been thinking about it recently. At least I will have more time to work on things this year! lol

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Loving it!! I posted a few ideas in the Facebook group :)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
cant wait cracker barrel will put out some things for christmas as well as hallmark does

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I didn't now they put stuff out. That's fun! I'll have to go check them out in July. I'm totally in. It takes me through the hump of summer and gives me a reason to stay inside and do crafts!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
CiJ here on MHH is my sanity saver since I will be spending a week alone with my MIL and my boys after the 4th (last year I couldn't wait for MIL to go to bed so that I could get online!)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Is anyone interested in doing a Christmas in July book like we did last year?

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Annie, I never did do the Christmas book last year BUT I have it all written down to do it. It might be a good idea to finally start that book :)

I loved all the ideas that were proposed for that book.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I love answering those questions every day. I also have some completed and some not, so maybe I can finish it up as well.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I love CIJ. Not sure what activities I will do this year but what ever it is I am sure it will be fun!!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm still pondering themes...but so far I have thought about the following...will make a final decision sometime in June so plenty of time for you to still suggest something....

Sweet Candy Christmas
Christmas Hollywood Style
A Victorian Christmas
Simplify Christmas

I'm not tied to any of them but I would like a theme focus for each week.

And then each week have certain threads that fir the theme....for example....

A thread with recipe ideas that go with the theme
A thread with ornament ideas that go with the thread (or another craft)
A thread with a give away linked to the theme
A thread with journaling ideas that go with the theme
Perhaps a movie thread that goes with the theme...idk

So that's kind of what I am considering

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Ginger I've been researching ways to help the Summer be more fun for my family. One thing I'm considering is at least once a month "Sunday night Sundea's" We can either purchase the sundea's & maybe eat them at the river or buy the fixing's & make our own. I got this idea from a blog I read. It might be good for CIJ...

hollybow

Retire Member
May 19, 2008
what about a Scandinavian Christmas? I like it very much with the red and white colour scheme..

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Love the Scandinavian idea! :)

Ginger they are all great ideas.. can't wait!