Christmas is July

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I was working in the garden this evening.... and I kept working until I had accumulaed enough gnats in my eyes and enough mosquito bites.... to give up for today!!!! When I came inside... hot and thirsty.... the air conditioned air felt DELICIOUS! (And I had it set at 78 degrees... . I think I ws so hot and uncomfortable that it felt icy in comparison!)

I HOPE that works for me for "Christmas In July"! I hope that a MODERATE amount of air conditioning makes me feel "wintry chilly!" (I can't really even afford the "moderate" amount of air conditioning! REALLY.... he utility bills are absolutely impossible!) So.... it will be wonderful to escape into "Christmas In July!"

Any theme is fine with me.... although I am especially fond of the Scandanavian idea and the Simplify Christmas idea.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Great ideas!!

Ginger, what would a Hollywood Christmas theme involve?? Sounds interesting!!

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I like the sound of all of those themes Ginger!

Since I will be babysitting my 3 nephews all day still in July the "Simplify Christmas" theme I bet would be perfect to do with the boys and making ornaments and such. They are 7, 6 (well will be on July 7th), and 3 so it would have to be a "simple" ornament for them to do.

Hurry up July and get here, I don't want the July heat but can't wait for CIJ to be here :)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm very excited about Christmas in July! Annie - I'd love to do a book club again! Did you have a book in mind?

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
This sounds like it's going to be heaven to participate in!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The book read sounds awesome!

Scandinavian....I have no idea...how or what...but would love to if someo0ne is willing to help host that week!

I was thinking the Hollywood Christmas might encorporate Christmas movies somehow...like Rudolph or A Christmas Story or which ever ones we wnat.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I was working on my CiJ ornament exchange today and thinking about howmuch fun I was last year to watch all the movies on Tv and QVCs shopping specials. Can't wait for the possibily of a book club and some theme discussion as well as other fun Christmas stuff.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Ginger,

I can start doing research on Scandinavian Christmas Themes and Idea's if you'd like. Right now I don't know much about them but would love to learn more about their Christmas Traditions and such.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
New to me

Sounds fun. I've never done any kind of Christmas in July.

:smilepool:

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
It all sounds wonderful! I like the idea of themes for each week and I'm definitely in for the CiJ book Annie!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
One of the reasons that I turn to "Christmas In July"..... is...... that we have our HOTTEST weather of the year in July! (August is always cooler here.)

Well..... have you noticed that this year is full of BIZARRE weather events?

Well...... today we have JULY TEMPERATURES/HUMIDITY!!! And it is still MAY!!!! I believe I will turn to "Christmas In July" very soon!!!!

Meanwhile.... today begins Week 5 of our Summeer Holidy Grand Plan. Perfect time for you to jump right in!!!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Cmerth....... your post is the most exciting thing I have read all day!!!!!

I am DELIGHTED that you are going to be blogging "Christmas In July"!!!!!

Also.... YOU, my dear lady, are a Trend-Setter!

"How so?"...... you ask?????

Because your blog states.... "Living on A Super-Tight Budget"!!!!!!!

HELLO...... Welcome To The New World!!!!!!!

We all ARE.... or soon will be..... on a super-tight budget!!!!!!

The economic facts.... for the entire world.... are just NOT good!!!!

HOWEVER......

THAT has been the real situation.... for MOST of the world..... FOREVER!

We can absolutely do it, friends!

We are very spiritual people, here at our Magical Holiday Home! We will all help and support each other!!!! AND.... that is exactly what GOOD people have done..... during ALL hard times!

So.... let's give thanks.... that we have been given the incredible blessing..... of FINDING each other!!!! Toether..... we will blossom and thrive!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The last 2 (maybe 3 but I think 2) years for CIJ I have had a daily post on my blog with a recipe and a craft project or ideal. Alot of people get into CIJ and so fun to see the stuff they post.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I'm looking forward to all of the blog posts, ladies! One question...I can never seem to comment on people's blogs. Do I have to set up a special ID somewhere? I am not well versed in the blogosphere, but I want to make sure people know how much I appreciate their efforts!

Also, I just received the remake of Christmas in Connecticut (I love the original), but I am going to save it for CiJ!

Woo Hoo! I feel cooler just thinking about it!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Colleen in PA..... I ALSO feel cooler just thinking about "Christmas In July"!!!!!!!

Ds#1 and his family.... WILL be here in July, this year. And they will NOT be here in December. I wonder if I can have a SMALL "Christmas In July" Family Dinner? The ONLY reason that I hesitate is because we have ALEADY had "crushing heat".... and I'm not sure how much energy I'll have between now and July 25th! (Like many people here.... the heat/humidity melts my energy away!) We DO have an artificial tree. I guess.... one of the first steps would be to get the tree and decorations OUT of the attic before the 100 Degree Plus temperatures come back. HOWEVER>... the rest of the decluttering of the guest room/office should ABSOLUTELY be done before more stuff is dragged into that room!!!

I wonder how much I can get done in that room today? (Remembering that it is GREAT weather to work outside today........) Well,,,, I WILL report back tonight.