Christmas Journaling - interest please??

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Last year during Christmas in July I did a Christmas journaling thread where I posted a Journaling prompt each day. With the MHH crash we lost the posts from last year. I moved and haven't found my journal yet (yikes!) so I don't have an accurate list of the questions from last year.

How many of you would be interested in anther such thread this year?

I might repeat some questions due to the lost post.

Let me know so I can start work on it if there is enough interest...

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
pixiestick....for those that might want to.....you could add another dimension to the journaling...

a Christmas art journal.....

still use the journaling prompts....but do a two page spread in an art journal (they are like blank scrap books....(I bought mine at walmart for like 7 dollars...there are different sizes and spiral bound...)

So on one page is the journaling and on the other some type of art work....can be collage from magazines, sketches done by free hand, watercolor, old christmas cards...anything.

I have a few pages done in one...I'll try to put up some pictures of it to look at. I did it as part of a Journal Your Christmas class.

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
Hey ladies, This excites me alot, I did this last year during CIJ and then answered the same questions during December, was surprised at how much my answers changed. I have a list of questions if you want them let me know.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I really enjoyed it myself. Never finished, so I'm in.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Count me in also!

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Would love it. Count me in.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I must have been MIA last CIJ because I don't remember this! I'd love to do it, too!

jyclassy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Re: Christmas Journaling

I must have missed this as I don't remember it either. It sounds like it may be fun. jy

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I would like to do this too! I am very curious to see if my answers will change.... from July to December! Heck... they might change from year to year, too! Very fun!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes that's it....and its super...I simply couldn't keep up though. I think or at least it used to be....that once you took the class you could take it every year after for free.

That makes me wonder because my email has changed so not sure if I'll get the reminders this year or not...I'll have to check over at the site...

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Ok - ladies I will get to work on it then!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Sounds interesting... From the link Orangesforadam posted, I gather it's a step by step in scrapbooking christmas memories for the year? Is that right?

I would love to be involved, but I'm a complete scrapbooking beginner. Never done it before, so would be good to be guided.

:)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wait........ Are we talking about two or more different things here?

I DO want to do Christmas Journaling during Christmas In July........ and I DO want to compare my answers during July to my answers during December.... and maybe compare answers from year to year.

Fun.

Personally.... I do NOT want to do scrapbooking. Well.... I want to.... like I want to learn to fly helicopters..... but there are probably limits on what I am actually GOING to do.

Isn't there a "journaling for people who write only"?

And... a different kind of "journaling.... with art" for those who want/are able to do that?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Oh...I'm not saying to do the class....and its not all scrapbooking....some pages are only journaling with a little art...some have photos etc....some people get very elaborate. There is a topic or starter and its not just for the year ...it can be from childhood etc. Im just saying it was a neat class.

I was also proposing that those that wanted could take pixiesticks prompts or journaling questions into an art journal format should they choose to....giving people options about how they might participate. Some might just write, some might do only artistic answers to the question, some might write and do art...

I have an ongoing art journal that is sort of stalled so I won't be able to do everyday but when I do one of the questions,...I'm adding it to my regular art journal.....its like a dairy but with art. And when the questions strikes me...I'll journal it there...

My Christmas art journal from the class will be finished according to the prompts from the class. Hope that clears things up a bit,

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This sounds good, Gingerbug! Lots of different options Who knows.... people might do one version one year, and a different version another year! Options are good! In fact, the flexibility here at MHH is one of the many things I love about this place!!!

The weather report today said that much of the east coast, USA, is on track to set a new record for "THE MOST 90 DEGREES OR ABOVE DAYS DURING JUNE".

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yeah...that's what I was thinking...some people hate to write BUT they could answer the question...in a way through the art journal if that suits them better...I love to write...not much of an artist but I like to putter around with self expression...so...its just for me!!

XmasInBama

Retire Member
Nov 9, 2009
I absolutely love this idea, I am more artsy than anything. So I am in on this, and I will have to check out the class! Thanks for the idea!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I just reread this thread........ and the CIJ Journaling....... together......... will be one of the best parts of our Christmas In July Celebrating! I am inspired to get a journal/notebook/scrapbook/something....... so I'll be ready on July 1st!!!!