Christmas Music 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Are there any new CD's you plan on purchasing this year?

Annie

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
AnnieClause - you've hit on my Achilles Heel! I have over 200 Christmas CDs (all are loaded onto my iPod). DH says it's a sickness LOL! But I remind him that as far as vices go, this one's not too bad! ;) I absolutely LOVE Christmas music of all kinds, so I'm always looking for new versions of favorite songs and new artists.

I am looking forward to Wilson Phillips' new Christmas CD. Recently, for CiJ I've been listening to a lot of Christian artists: Casting Crowns, MercyMe, BarlowGirl, Travis Cottrell, Jars of Clay etc. Just depends upon my mood. Of course I love the Straight No Chaser (acapella) CDs that I got for Christmas last year, too!

Do you know of any new CDs due out this year????

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
On the left hand side of the link they have many types of music- international, jazz, punk and you click on it and it gives you choices of Christmas music they have in that category!
They also have individual people- Bing Crosby, Andy Williams- you can click on and see all their Christmas albums.

Annie

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Thank you, ladies! Now I have something fun to do during lunch!!!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Colleen-
I want to play with it to and start a wish list!!!

Maybe I'll tell everyone to get me Christmas CD's this year. I would be VERY happy with that!

Annie

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Coleen, that is a BIG collection and alot of Christmas music on an I-pod. My husband collects music, but he never does anything with it. That's frustrating.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Annie - that's a great Christmas gift idea! Knowing my family I'd end up with 5 of the same one!

I look at the Christmas CD's every year. I always looking for a couple favorite songs and if they have that on the CD I tend to get it. Not always, but a lot of the time. Can't wait to look at the link!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I certainly don't have 200 Cd's, but I do like christmas music. I often have one in the car and I do like listening to Merry Christmas Radio when I get the chance.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Building your collection

In this age of MP3 players, many people are getting rid of their old CDs...too much clutter! Especially ones they only haul out once a year. My aunt once gave me a box of 23 christmas CDs she bought at a garage sale for $7! That was a GREAT birthday gift! The woman just didn't want to store them anymore. I actually did this last year - loaded all of my regular CDs into iTunes (backed them up on an external drive - VERY IMPORTANT!) and donated them to a VA hospital. The hospital loved adding them to their "sharing library" and I got rid of boxes of CDs. I couldn't part with my Christmas CDs though! ;)

Another way to build your collection is through compilation CDs, obviously. The "Now That's What I Call Christmas!" double disk sets are great. The link to the first one (on Amazon) is below:
http://www.amazon.com/Now-Thats-Wha...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280412685&sr=1-1
The first disk is full of the classics: Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Tony Bennett, etc. The second disk has more contemporary offerings.

The "A Very Special Christmas" CDs are also awesome. Amazon sells them for $9.98 each
http://www.amazon.com/A-Very-Special-Christmas-(Series)/e/B000APXMAA/ref=ntt_mus_dp_pel
Although the first one was released in 1987, they still feel fresh.

Enjoy!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Colleen-
That is wonderful that you gave all those CDs to the VA hospital! What a great idea!

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Colleen-
Out of your 200 Christmas CDs- Are there certain ones you seem to gravitate to over and over?

Annie

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I always look forward to hearing new Christmas music!

I love certain cd's for specific times. For background music during a holiday meal I really like the cd "A Celtic Christmas Story", a compilation of instrumental music with bird and water sounds.

For baking holiday cookies I listen to a mix of holiday classic cd’s on my ipod. (White Christmas, Baby it is Cold outside, Santa Baby…)

On Christmas Eve till Boxing Day I find I listen to more inspirational holiday classics. (God Rest ye Merry Gentleman, Oh come all ye Faithful….)