Christmas Notebook apps 2015?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hi all ~
So those of you that are into technology - what apps are you using for Christmas this year? I wrote a note to myself last year that this year I was going to use an app for my shopping instead of just my trusty Excel spreadsheet (because apparently I'm forgetting what I have already purchased when I'm in the store.). I'll still keep the Excel list as my "master" list but this past summer I looked up my options on apps.

For gifts:
I'm going with Santa's Bag.
(Alternative options were: M Gifts, Better Christmas List, and The Christmas List).

For Cooking:
Paprika - but this is only to pull the shopping lists quickly. When it comes to recipes though I really like my own "hardcopy" recipe binder (made from a big red photo album). Only my trusted favorites go in there.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
am very interested in this thread, as I use my trusty ol notebook I carry in purse.... but would way rather have it on phone as I do everything on my phone..

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I have been using Santa's Bag this year. I have been happy with it. I still use a paper list as well though. I find this is handy to have when I am out. I often snap a quick photo if I see something that I like and want to come back to the store another time to look further or to purchase.

Eaglesax

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Middle Georgia
I used "gifted" and Iparty. if you love excel you can purchase it for your phone. I stll have some lists I like for other projects and can actually use on my ipone 6 plus.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I love onenote. I am able to sync it to all three of my devices, my computer,my iPad and my iPhone. I also can print pages and put in my hard copy notebook. I have used other apps made specifically for Christmas but found them limited to what I am able to add, such as Pictures with notes.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I love onenote. I am able to sync it to all three of my devices, my computer,my iPad and my iPhone. I also can print pages and put in my hard copy notebook. I have used other apps made specifically for Christmas but found them limited to what I am able to add, such as Pictures with notes.

Ah....OneNote, *Swoon* How I love that app. Had to drop it when I went to the Mac. Have been looking at it again now that it is available and working better on the Mac side. I moved all my stuff to Evernote at that time but even with Evernote the problem I ran into with apps that rely on internet download was I would be in a big store and the internet signal would be gone. If it wan't already in the app I couldn't get to it. Has anyone else run into this? I swear some stores block the internet so you can't price compare. Target used to be the worst but since they got their awesome Cartwheel up and running I never have problems there anymore.

I think I need something a bit more simple, like a straight out Chistmas app. But at the mention of OneNote now i'm really thinking. Rats - I'm going on a roadtrip this weekend. That would normally give me LOTS of time to putter as I'd be riding shotgun. But this time I'm driving! Rats.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks for this thread. I need to check out some of these apps.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Ah....OneNote, *Swoon* How I love that app. Had to drop it when I went to the Mac. Have been looking at it again now that it is available and working better on the Mac side.

I use a Mac,iPad and an iPhone,all Apple devices and it works great. I love it.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I did not have success with using my ipad or iphone as a 'notebook' however there was several countdown and advent apps my son really likes :)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have used Evernote so I had access to it on my app or on my laptop

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note phone so I use the Snote to make a album to make the list and take photos to put in the virtual notebooks to keep track of ideas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I too would like an app that I can have on my phone. I use my iphone a lot but still use my trusty old paper diary for the bulk of my lists.