Christmas Notebook chat!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Monday May 19th at 8 pm EST mammaduke from MHH and MMC is holding a class on how to begin a Christmas Notebook in the MMC chatroom. If you need more info please PM mammaduke. My son has practice til about 9 so I won't be there til after I get home but I thought many members can benefit from this free chat. You have to sign on as a member of MMC to get into the chat room so register ASAP to get the approval before the chat!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes I plan on being there at least part of the time. It is 8 EST....so I guess it will be at 7 my time (Central USA)

My Merry Forums are part of Jeff's Merry Network. I am a member there as are several others. I would be interested in members checking it out...because there is a possibility in the FUTURE that we could switch to V Bulletin...which is the forums type there...Jeff recently upgraded it and now they have member albums and member blogs and also "social groups" where members with like interests can start a group and have their own forum...I started a group called Christmas Magic....because its fun and also to play around and see what the possiblities are.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'll try to be there if I can figure out how to get to the chat room. lol

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Ahorsesoul...if you are not a member at the Merry Forums you will need to join there...because of all the trouble we had with trolls and such...and then you will just click where it says CHAT at the top right under where it lists who's on line.

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
Ooh one of my favorite topics. I wish I could be there but I'll be attending a friend's concert out of town. However, I hope everyone has a wonderful time! :grin:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
oh pooh...starflake...I think this is going to be fun...too bad you will miss it,

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
umm....stupid question, but where exactly is the chatroom?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Good Question....the chat used to be open to anyone but we had trouble with all sorts coming in and disrupting chat and calling names etc....so now you need to join the Merry forums to be able to chat:

The Merry Forums

You join it by registering just like you do for most boards....you can try using the same name you have here...unless its already taken or you like have a duel personality. After you register...ummm...I need to check this out because you might have to have a certain number of posts to be able to chat...I'll ask about that....but anyway....if you scroll down a little bit...you will see a box that tells you who is online...and directly below it...you will see CHAT and it will show who is in chat right then.....to enter chat....click on the balloons next to chat and it will take you in....you have to be a registered member and logged in though.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I tried to sign up there but every time I try to open the site it crashes my computer. It's a pretty new computer (6 months or so) so I don't think its a compatibility problem. Has anyone else had this happen?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
If you have Vista on your computer there maybe some patches you need to download.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Ah! I do have Vista...could be the problem then. Last time I downloaded a patch there was an error on it and it crashed my whole computer. I wish they'd waited until they'd worked the bugs out....I miss XP :frown:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ok, I just became a membert...... now to figure out how it works...

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay...it is 25 posts to be able to enter chat....if I can get Jeff your names he will elevate you to gold membership so you can get into the Christmas notebook chat tonight...I am giving him the ones from this thread...hopefully you registered with your same name...if not...you will have to let me know in this thread...I will check it again a bit later .

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm having trouble getting on to MMC. Keeps telling server is busy. I'll try back later.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Don't worry we have plenty planned. The Secret Santa Chat earlier today went great BUT the evening one....I was all alone!!!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Ahorsesoul, I had a similar problem for yersterday's chat. I managed to get onto the website and had managed to get my 25 posts, but when I clicked on chat my computer just wouldn't turn onto the page it just kept searching. Must try and get this sorted for the next one.