Christmas Notebook Revamp: Week One

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Some times I think the running around like a crazy person getting things done is part of the fun! I remember my mom wrapping everything on Christmas Eve after dinner. That would drive me nuts now not to mention my back wouldn't stand for that. We have talked about making plans for more outings during the season. I think I need to purpose to do that this year.

Reactions: Minta

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
My aim was to be done by December 1st. That way I can enjoy the season. Attend church events, go to botanic gardens, drive around looking at Christmas light, do random acts of kindness, and go to the mall for no particular reason. All of which didn't happen last Christmas. Fortunately, we had most done by the 2nd week as we needed to run to SD a week early to help out when dgd was hospitalized. So the craziness was gone but it was good that our prep was done. Never know when illiness will throw a wrench in the plans, as I know some members here experienced.
I think it is good to have a must do list and a I would like to do list.

This year I think I would like to host an open house. It will depend on where we are living. etc.

Reactions: luludou and Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Spent a couple hours yesterday updating my Christmas notebook. DH and I were talking earlier this week and he mentioned that even though this past Christmas was really nice it didn't feel like Christmas to him. This past Christmas we didn't go to a few shops/stores that we normally do and since we finished shopping early we didn't have the need to go to the Mall at all during December. It's those experiences/traditions no matter how minor they are that help make Christmas feel like Christmas so we are penciling on dates to go to all the normal places we usually visit in Nov and Dec including the mall even if we don't need anything from them. I will still budget some extra money to put aside for those trips just incase.

That is a great idea. What makes Christmas seem like Christmas is being around people when they are in a festive mood. There's such an energy and joy spills over.

I think that I will put in a sheet in my planner for Christmas activities, We have our traditional ones but I saw activity last year that I thought my be fun to go to one year. I forgot about it until I read your post and started typing.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Like Gingerbug I'm to the point I'm only using a few areas of my planner: Gift tracking, meal planning and decor inventory. Because I transport my holiday totes back and forth to another location, this one is key for me to direct my husband and keep track of what I need and what should be making it home. I also realize that I need to get all of my holiday boxes transported in October, because doing it after November 7th and being dependent on the weather makes it stressful and delayed sometimes.

Minta I can relate to what you said about "feeling like Christmas". Someone on a Christmas group I follow on Facebook just said they'd already wrapped 72 Christmas gifts for this coming year. I'm like holy heck....I get being prepared, but ultimately I think if we prepare to much it can take the "living in the moment" feeling away. Now....don't get me wrong, I'm all about being prepared. Those years have been the best for me, but I would never want to remove to much because it would take the "special" away from it all.

and AuntJamelle...you just makes me envious. I really need to pay attention this year and be on this board more to get inspired.

To answer the basic question about my binder....which is what I guess we're here for...I use a 3 ring binder. I have to be able to remove things and add things easily. I'm very OCD about my writing and if things get messed up, I have to reprint and make my list look pretty!! Making one of those fancy binders with all the pretties in it, would never work for me.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Michelle, I cannot even imagine having 72 bought in February let alone wrapped. I am like you and think that this takes the living out of the year.

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
To answer the basic question about my binder....which is what I guess we're here for...I use a 3 ring binder. I have to be able to remove things and add things easily. I'm very OCD about my writing and if things get messed up, I have to reprint and make my list look pretty!! Making one of those fancy binders with all the pretties in it, would never work for me.

Oh It's so nice to know that I am not the only one who is OCD about my writing. I have been know to redo several pages in my binder because i thought my hand writing was messy lol